Liverpool star facing up to six weeks out after fracturing leg
Joe Gomez is facing up to six weeks on the sideline after fracturing his lower leg in Liverpool's 3-1 win over Burnley.
The Reds star was injured in a challenge with Clarets defender Ben Mee, and was forced off just 23 minutes into the match at Turf Moor.
The centre-back was carried off on a stretcher as Jurgen Klopp and Sean Dyche clashed on the touchline.
Gomez went for scans on his leg today while on crutches, and is now set to miss the entire festive period.
The injury is a huge set-back for Liverpool on their quest to win the Premier League title this season.
Gomez has become a crucial member of Klopp's new-look Reds side, who are right on the trail of defending champions Manchester City.
Klopp is a big fan of the youngster, who has become a perfect centre-back pairing for the world-class Virgil van Dijk.
Gomez has also been deployed on right-back this season - as he was in Liverpool's Champions League clash with PSG - and will be a huge miss going into a crucial period for the club.
- Mourinho FINALLY reveals why they were beaten by Liverpool Football 10 hours ago
- Muhammad Ali’s son: I expected to inherit Sh516m after my father’s death, now I’m surviving on less than Sh700 a dayBoxing 2 days ago
- Football: How Kenyans left others hurting in Copa tournamentFootball 22 hours ago
- Police look into alleged anti-Semitic chanting after Chelsea matchFootball 1 hour ago
- View Starting Lineups - Liverpool vs Man Utd at 7pmFootball 1 day ago
- LaLiga star suffers stroke, rushed to hospitalFootball 1 month ago
- Mourinho explains why he benched Pogba during Man United's 3-1 loss at AnfieldFootball 9 hours ago