Ex- Gor coach: Finally Kerr’s new club revealed
A few days after resigning from his post at Gor Mahia, coach Dylan Kerr has joined Premier Soccer League side Black Leopards.
The club confirmed on their Twitter account that the Englishman joined them on Monday for an undisclosed duration.
He takes over from Joel Masutha who resigned last weekend after his side lost 3-1 to Cape Town City. Reports that Kerr could be headed to Black Leopards started emerging on Monday morning when he travelled to South Africa.
Kerr could come back to haunt Gor Mahia as he has indicated he may take some players with him to South Africa.
He has been a great admirer of Francis Kahata and Philemon Otieno and is likely to sign the two once he settles down in South Africa.
Kerr quit last Thursday and he later said in an interview that his decision to quit was necessitated by a need to seek treatment for a recurring back pain.
“I have had back pains for a long time and was advised to undergo surgery to rectify the problem. The procedure will take three months so I cannot be at Gor Mahia during that time and it is unfortunate I have to leave,” he said in an interview.
The former Gor Mahia coach also confirmed he did not have a contract by the time he was leaving as the club had delayed in giving him one. [Gilbert Wandera]
- How Gor Mahia were frustrated by Homeboyz in KakamegaFootball 1 day ago
- Toure and Sterling blast Juventus over Kean abuseFootball 2 weeks ago
- Ban on Russian athletes over doping to remain – IAAFAthletics 1 month ago
- UCL: ‘We spoiled the party’ – MbappeFootball 1 month ago
- ‘Transfer was agreed with Real Madrid star’ – Moyes' shocking revelationFootball 1 month ago
- KRU Championship: USIU eye top spot as Kitale and Pirates fight relegationRugby 2 weeks ago
- Copa del Rey: Suarez nets double as Barca floors Madrid to reach finalFootball 1 month ago