Ex- Gor coach: Finally Kerr’s new club revealed
A few days after resigning from his post at Gor Mahia, coach Dylan Kerr has joined Premier Soccer League side Black Leopards.
The club confirmed on their Twitter account that the Englishman joined them on Monday for an undisclosed duration.
He takes over from Joel Masutha who resigned last weekend after his side lost 3-1 to Cape Town City. Reports that Kerr could be headed to Black Leopards started emerging on Monday morning when he travelled to South Africa.
Kerr could come back to haunt Gor Mahia as he has indicated he may take some players with him to South Africa.
He has been a great admirer of Francis Kahata and Philemon Otieno and is likely to sign the two once he settles down in South Africa.
Kerr quit last Thursday and he later said in an interview that his decision to quit was necessitated by a need to seek treatment for a recurring back pain.
“I have had back pains for a long time and was advised to undergo surgery to rectify the problem. The procedure will take three months so I cannot be at Gor Mahia during that time and it is unfortunate I have to leave,” he said in an interview.
The former Gor Mahia coach also confirmed he did not have a contract by the time he was leaving as the club had delayed in giving him one. [Gilbert Wandera]
- Recovery Update: F1 legend Michael Schumacher Football 1 day ago
- Jurgen Klopp sends message to Jose Mourinho after Manchester United sackingFootball 22 hours ago
- Former Harambee Stars captain looking to beef up Gor Mahia’s attackFootball 16 hours ago
- Why Man United legend Rio is a concerned manFootball 1 day ago
- Golf: Bollo bolts team to Safari tour Victory Golf 2 days ago
- Mourinho FINALLY reveals why they were beaten by Liverpool Football 2 days ago
- Sharks taste Sony SugarFootball 16 hours ago