Boxing: Association issues rules ahead of elections
After the aborted elections at the weekend, Boxing Association of Kenya has come up with guidelines for contestants in the January 3 elections.
This follows cancellation of the polls by Sports Tribunal Court on November 6. The court ordered fresh elections to be held within 60 days.
This was necessary for the federation to comply with Sports Act.
While announcing the new dates following an executive meeting over the weekend, BAK Secretary General Paul Mung'ori said registration for contestants will close on November 30.
Nomination forms can be accessed from the BAK Website.
According to nomination rules, those wishing to contest for BAK President, Secretary General and Treasurer, will each pay a registration fee of Sh10,000 while contestants for other positions will each pay Sh5,000.
"Only delegates from branches approved by the governing council will be allowed to take part in the polls and they must be held within our constitution and that of the world boxing governing body and AIBA," Mung'ori told Standard Sports.
So far, the council has approved nine branches for the elections. They are Kisumu, Nakuru, Kiambu, Nairobi, Meru, Mombasa, Kenya Police, Kenya Defence Forces and Kenya Prisons.
However, Mung'ori did not say when he will convene the next governing council meeting to approve more branches for the polls.
Meanwhile, he stressed on the need to have all league assignments completed ahead of the elections.
The fourth leg of the National Boxing League will be in Mwingi from November 22-24 and the final leg will be in Kisumu at a date to be announced later.
- Omuli leads Safari Tour in ThikaGolf 1 day ago
- Former Harambee Stars captain looking to beef up Gor Mahia’s attackFootball 10 hours ago
- Jurgen Klopp sends message to Jose Mourinho after Manchester United sackingFootball 16 hours ago
- Golf: Bollo bolts team to Safari tour Victory Golf 2 days ago
- Police look into alleged anti-Semitic chanting after Chelsea matchFootball 1 day ago
- Sharks taste Sony SugarFootball 10 hours ago
- Tottenham fan guilty of throwing banana skin at Arsenal striker AubameyangFootball 14 hours ago