Sadio Mane left in floods of tears during Africa Cup of Nations qualifier match
Mane played the full 90 minutes in the Africa Cup of Nations qualifier as his side won 1-0 courtesy of an own goal.
Senegal have already qualified for the tournament next summer but footage emerged at full-time of a distraught Mane in tears on the pitch.
The 26-year-old was seen lying alone on the pitch before being consoled by teammates as they made their way off the pitch before collapsing in a heap again.
Mane pulled his shirt over his head as he struggled to hide his emotions despite the narrow victory for his country.
It had been unclear quite what sparked Mane's reaction with fears that he may have suffered an injury.
He missed a golden chance to find the net in the second half and Senegal fans responded by booing their star man.
Mane has failed to replicate his club form for his country and the Senegal supporters made their feelings clear.
Mane will head back to Merseyside ahead of Liverpool's trip to face Watford next weekend.
It is the first of three matches in eight days with Jurgen Klopp's side also taking on PSG in the Champions League and hosting Everton in the derby at Anfield.
- Hosts Kakamega Homeboyz beat AFC Leapards at Bkhungu StadiumFootball 1 day ago
- Manchester United star wants to quit club for three reasonsFootball 1 month ago
- Cycling: Sakib sprints to victory in Mombasa bike contestSports 2 months ago
- Blow for Liverpool as star is ruled out before crucial Manchester United clashFootball 4 days ago
- Man Utd v Juventus: Ronaldo sends powerful message to Manchester United fansFootball 1 month ago
- Chepkoech one step away from best athlete awardAthletics 3 weeks ago
- Suarez open to Arsenal moveFootball 2 weeks ago