Sadio Mane left in floods of tears during Africa Cup of Nations qualifier match
Mane played the full 90 minutes in the Africa Cup of Nations qualifier as his side won 1-0 courtesy of an own goal.
Senegal have already qualified for the tournament next summer but footage emerged at full-time of a distraught Mane in tears on the pitch.
The 26-year-old was seen lying alone on the pitch before being consoled by teammates as they made their way off the pitch before collapsing in a heap again.
Mane pulled his shirt over his head as he struggled to hide his emotions despite the narrow victory for his country.
It had been unclear quite what sparked Mane's reaction with fears that he may have suffered an injury.
He missed a golden chance to find the net in the second half and Senegal fans responded by booing their star man.
Mane has failed to replicate his club form for his country and the Senegal supporters made their feelings clear.
Mane will head back to Merseyside ahead of Liverpool's trip to face Watford next weekend.
It is the first of three matches in eight days with Jurgen Klopp's side also taking on PSG in the Champions League and hosting Everton in the derby at Anfield.
- Manchester United confirm Solskjaer as full-time managerFootball 3 weeks ago
- Three broke Kenyan footballers find solace in rich woman’s bedroomGossip & Rumours 1 week ago
- Is Pep Guardiola on his way out?Football 1 month ago
- REVEALED: How Impala utility Sidindi diedRugby 1 month ago
- Calling Messi God is blasphemy – Pope Francis Football 2 weeks ago
- Athletics: Experts dispute testosterone test for top female athletesAthletics 4 weeks ago
- Kylian Mbappe drops biggest hint on where he’ll be playing next seasonFootball 1 month ago