Nakuru eye winning start against Strathmore
Two-time Kenya Cup champions Nakuru RFC will be seeking to launch their quest for a third title when the 2018-19 season gets underway this weekend.
Nakuru, who scooped back-to-back titles in 2013 and 2014, start their hunt with an away tie against university side Strathmore Leos on Saturday and head coach Mitch Ocholla is looking forward to the meeting with his former employers.
"We intend to go to Strathmore and start with a win because I foresee a very competitive season and every match will be important," Ocholla told The Standard Sports.
Wanyore, as they are popularly known in local rugby circles, warmed up for the season with friendly matches against local rivals Menengai Oilers and Kabras Sugar.
They also graced the three-week Impala Floodlit tournament, going down to Kenya Harlequin in the plate semi finals.
"We have made some interesting signings, bringing in very promising players and I just hope they will enjoy their debut in the team's colours this weekend as we aim for a winning start," Ocholla said.
Utility back Duncan Abuyeka is among the new acquisitions at the Nakuru-based club while they have parted ways with the key duo of Monate Akuei and Henry Ayah.
- PSG Superstar hates Manchester United so much that he even turns off the TV Football 2 days ago
- Deontay Wilder says his huge ring walk costume contributed to his defeatBoxing 2 days ago
- Sarri says he is struggling to impose his style on JuventusFootball 18 hours ago
- Five mouthwatering clashes to watch in the Europa League this weekFootball 2 days ago
- Ramogi falls short of making Olympic Games teamBoxing 1 day ago
- Chinese team from city where coronavirus originated invited to 'Clasico' in MadridFootball 4 hours ago
- Hockey maestro Aura takes over big job at ButaliHockey 2 days ago