Barcelona staff 'unhappy' after star misses training with Gastroenteritis
Barcelona star Ousmane Dembele has angered Barcelona staff again by not informing them that he planned to skip training.
That's according to Spanish publication Mundo Deportivo , who claim that the French attacker was non-contactable for an hour and half as he missed Thursday's session, causing "unrest" amongst the staff.
They say that Barca staff called Dembele's phone but he didn't answer.
It has been revealed that the World Cup winner missed the session due to a bout of gastroenteritis, which the club don't dispute. Their anger comes from the fact that the 21-year-old didn't think to inform them of his illness.
Marca later reported that he also missed training on Friday.
Last month it was reported that Dembele - a £105m arrival from Borussia Dortmund last summer - was frequently angering the club's staff due to his attitude.
His diet has previously been called into question, and he has reportedly decided to stop learning Spanish, causing him to become isolated from the largest group within the squad.
It was also reported that both Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez approached Barca boss Ernesto Valverde and urged him to pick winger Rafinha over Dembele to replace Messi when the club captain suffered a broken arm last month.
The Frenchman had come on for Messi when he suffered that injury against Sevilla, but Valverde went with Rafinha for the next game against Inter Milan in the Champions League, in which he scored Barca's opening goal in a 2-0 win.
Dembele started the return fixture at the San Siro this week but was replaced in the 81st minute by Malcom, who duly scored two minutes later.
His illness could force him out of Sunday's La Liga game at home to Real Betis, when Messi could make his return from injury.
- Iker Casillas 'cannot play football again' after heart attack says cardiologistFootball 3 weeks ago
- Champions League: Kenyans should enjoy the final – GomezFootball 2 days ago
- Revealed: How family of Osama bin Laden helped fund football clubSports 1 week ago
- How Messi reacted to Ronaldo's Champions League exitFootball 1 month ago
- Premier League referee spotted going crazy supporting his team [Photos]Football 1 week ago
- Balotelli – Bonucci lucky I wasn’t there after comments on racial abuseFootball 1 month ago
- Wilfred Bungei: Alcohol nearly ruined meAthletics 1 month ago