Paul Pogba struggles as France draw with Iceland - and fans have a very good explanation
World champions France looked set for defeat against Iceland in their latest friendly - before a dramatic Kylian Mbappe intervention,
Didier Deschamps' men would have been confident of victory in Guingamp but found themselves 2-0 down after goals from Birkir Bjarnason and Kari Arnason.
The France boss rang the changes for the clash although the likes of Antoine Griezmann, Raphael Varane and Paul Pogba all started.
Manchester United star Pogba put his club troubles behind him as he started in a deep midfield position alongside Roma's Steven N'Zonzi.
It was an unfamiliar pairing in the centre of the park for France with Blaise Matuidi and N'Golo Kante given a rare night off.
Pogba, alongside the rest of his teammates, was far from his best as they struggled against Iceland.
And shortly after the hour mark, he was replaced by Lyon midfielder Tanguy Ndombele with Iceland winning 2-0.
For many watching, there was a key reason why Pogba was struggling...
Mbappe would have the last laugh though as he scored twice, his second a late penalty, to rescue a draw for Deschamps' men.
Pogba was excellent at the World Cup but he was aided by the legs and discipline of Kante.
The Chelsea midfielder appears as irreplaceable for his country as he does his club.
- E. Guinea thrown out, H. Starlets qualifyFootball 7 hours ago
- Mourinho sends powerful message to Herrera and Mata about their future at Old Trafford Football 1 day ago
- Why Harambee Stars have not received Sh50 million despite 3-0 win over Ethiopia Football 3 days ago
- KICOSCA: Uasin Gishu out to defend volleyball title Sports 2 months ago
- Meet Erica Herman, the woman who tamed golf star Tiger Woods [Photos]Golf 2 weeks ago
- REVEALED: This is how Lionel Messi will leave Barcelona FOR FREEFootball 4 days ago
- Semenya's case delays gender rule executionAthletics 7 hours ago