Sonko provides free transport for fans to watch Harambee Stars vs Ethiopia match
Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko has offered football fans a free ride to watch the Harambee Stars vs Ethiopia match.
The two teams are set to lock horns at the Kasarani Stadium on Sunday.
In a statement sent to newsrooms, Sonko has given out 150 buses that will be used to offer the free transport. This he says is a gesture to support the team.
Statement reads in part: “This is a bid to support sports culture in the country and ensure Kenyans are able to cheer their team to win the match against Ethiopia.”
The statement further explains that the governor decided to give out the buses after it was announced by the national government that there will be no charges for the football fans at the gate.
The buses will transport football fans from different areas within Nairobi.
Yesterday Harambee Stars settled for a 0-0 draw with Ethiopia in an AFCON qualifier match played at the Bahir Dar Stadium in Ethiopia.
- Simiyu maintains cool to retain Mashujaa Day titleGolf 1 day ago
- Unai Emery sends warning to Arsenal fans about certain chantFootball 4 days ago
- ‘My husband Zapata is a performer’ – wife to former AFC Leopards coachFootball 2 weeks ago
- UEFA Nations League preview: France look to extend unbeaten streak against hapless GermanyFootball 1 week ago
- 220 MILLION EUROS! Barcelona to meet shock Neymar release clauseFootball 4 days ago
- Congratulation! Sh208 Million SportPesa Mega Jackpot goneFootball 3 weeks ago
- Mourinho set to be punished by FA for touchline brawlFootball 1 day ago