Gareth Bale transfer: Premier League clubs on red alert as Real Madrid chiefs 'become fed up with forward'
Premier League clubs have been put on red alert as the Real Madrid hierarchy have reportedly become fed up with Gareth Bale putting himself before the club.
Telemadrid claims that sources at the club have confirmed that Bernabeu chiefs are losing patience with the Welsh star.
Bales' decision to travel to Wales and try to play in his country's friendly with Spain has angered Real Madrid after the forward was ruled out of the second half of the club's derby with Atletico Madrid recently.
It is claimed tests showed that Bale had not suffered an injury, but the forward was ruled out of the club's Champions League defeat to CSKA Moscow and asked to be substituted after 70 minutes against Alaves on September 6.
Bale is believed to be the highest-paid player at Real Madrid after Cristiano Ronaldo's exit but the club are annoyed he has not stepped up to the plate.
Reports suggest Bale is still an outsider in the group but President Florentino Perez is wary of breaking off with the Welshman after making him the most expensive player in the world in 2013.
Telemadrid also claims that everyone at the club recognises Bale's "failure to reach expectations" and he has been criticised for not speaking Spanish, despite five years in the country.
Wales manager Ryan Giggs confirmed that Bale will not feature against Spain because of muscle fatigue but said he was "50-50" to face the Republic of Ireland on Tuesday.
- Gor Mahia eager to dim Lobi Stars at KasaraniFootball 10 hours ago
- Sir Alex Ferguson 'banned' from Old Trafford for Manchester United matchFootball 2 days ago
- Hosts Kakamega Homeboyz beat AFC Leapards at Bkhungu StadiumFootball 10 hours ago
- FIFA hands Ghana FA boss Nyantakyi life banFootball 1 month ago
- Smalling signs new deal with Manchester UnitedFootball 10 hours ago
- Tracing the greatness of champion Geoffrey KamwororAthletics 1 month ago
- Real Madrid offer to double Mauricio Pochettino’s salaryFootball 1 month ago