Gareth Bale transfer: Premier League clubs on red alert as Real Madrid chiefs 'become fed up with forward'
Premier League clubs have been put on red alert as the Real Madrid hierarchy have reportedly become fed up with Gareth Bale putting himself before the club.
Telemadrid claims that sources at the club have confirmed that Bernabeu chiefs are losing patience with the Welsh star.
Bales' decision to travel to Wales and try to play in his country's friendly with Spain has angered Real Madrid after the forward was ruled out of the second half of the club's derby with Atletico Madrid recently.
It is claimed tests showed that Bale had not suffered an injury, but the forward was ruled out of the club's Champions League defeat to CSKA Moscow and asked to be substituted after 70 minutes against Alaves on September 6.
Bale is believed to be the highest-paid player at Real Madrid after Cristiano Ronaldo's exit but the club are annoyed he has not stepped up to the plate.
Reports suggest Bale is still an outsider in the group but President Florentino Perez is wary of breaking off with the Welshman after making him the most expensive player in the world in 2013.
Telemadrid also claims that everyone at the club recognises Bale's "failure to reach expectations" and he has been criticised for not speaking Spanish, despite five years in the country.
Wales manager Ryan Giggs confirmed that Bale will not feature against Spain because of muscle fatigue but said he was "50-50" to face the Republic of Ireland on Tuesday.
- UEFA Nations League preview: France look to extend unbeaten streak against hapless GermanyFootball 1 week ago
- Cecafa teams remain hopeful of AFCON finalsFootball 2 days ago
- Angry wife films World Cup star naked in sauna with 'prostitute' [Photos]Football 4 weeks ago
- Former world boxing champion passes away after fatal road accident [Photos] Boxing 2 weeks ago
- Kenya 3-0 Ethiopia: Pictures of DP Ruto celebrating wildly go viral Football 1 week ago
- Serie A round 9 preview: Inter and AC Milan to meet in fierce derby clashFootball 4 days ago
- Liverpool manager Klopp provides Firmino's injury update after horror collisionFootball 1 month ago