Former Thika United man among those who died in Kericho road accident
Former Thika United captain and Kenya Premier League star Dennis Lewa was among the 56 people who perished in the Kericho bus crash on Wednesday, October 10.
Robert Muthomi, the Secretary General of the Football Kenya Federation confirmed this through a tweet on Thursday, October 11.
“The Kenyan Football fraternity is mourning the death of Dennis Lewa who passed away in the tragic bus accident in Muhoroni. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family, friends and teammates at this trying time,” tweeted Muthomi.
It is reported that Lewa was on his way to Kakamega to seal a move to KPL side Kakamega Homeboyz.
The football world mourns the loss of a good football player.
Fort Ternan Police Station OCS Charles Ocharo said the bus was heading to Kisumu from Nairobi when it veered off the road.
It is reported that the bus was going downhill when it hit a guardrail and rolled.
Sources at Nairobi's Machakos Bus Station confirmed to KTN News that Homeboyz bus plies Nairobi-Western Kenya route at night.
Speaking to KTN News while on his bed at Muhoroni hospital, a survivor blamed the Home Boyz bus crew for the accident. He said the bus was overloaded and the crew disregarded traffic rules.
"Some people were standing. We were about 70 people. And we could not complain because the crew was very arrogant. I could not have talked because they could have beaten us up," he said.
- How Kalonzo Musyoka can make Ukambani soccer great againFootball 1 day ago
- Wanyama: This is our timeFootball 3 days ago
- Simbas build-up fixtures cancelledRugby 3 days ago
- E. Guinea thrown out, H. Starlets qualifyFootball 3 days ago
- Rashford, Martial start for Man United as Morata leads the line for ChelseaPremier League 20 hours ago
- Rugby: ‘Pau’ appointed new Kenya Sevens head coachRugby 2 weeks ago
- Gor Mahia savour crowning moment before adoring fansFootball 2 weeks ago