Former Thika United man among those who died in Kericho road accident
Former Thika United captain and Kenya Premier League star Dennis Lewa was among the 56 people who perished in the Kericho bus crash on Wednesday, October 10.
Robert Muthomi, the Secretary General of the Football Kenya Federation confirmed this through a tweet on Thursday, October 11.
“The Kenyan Football fraternity is mourning the death of Dennis Lewa who passed away in the tragic bus accident in Muhoroni. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family, friends and teammates at this trying time,” tweeted Muthomi.
It is reported that Lewa was on his way to Kakamega to seal a move to KPL side Kakamega Homeboyz.
The football world mourns the loss of a good football player.
Fort Ternan Police Station OCS Charles Ocharo said the bus was heading to Kisumu from Nairobi when it veered off the road.
It is reported that the bus was going downhill when it hit a guardrail and rolled.
Sources at Nairobi's Machakos Bus Station confirmed to KTN News that Homeboyz bus plies Nairobi-Western Kenya route at night.
Speaking to KTN News while on his bed at Muhoroni hospital, a survivor blamed the Home Boyz bus crew for the accident. He said the bus was overloaded and the crew disregarded traffic rules.
"Some people were standing. We were about 70 people. And we could not complain because the crew was very arrogant. I could not have talked because they could have beaten us up," he said.
- Kenya Rugby Union appoints new Secretary GeneralRugby 4 weeks ago
- Expanded 2022 World Cup to generate $300-400 million windfallFootball 1 month ago
- Slavia Prague 0-1 Chelsea: Marcos Alonso nets late winner for BluesFootball 2 weeks ago
- Fury over disallowed goal as Gor Mahia lose in AlgeriaFootball 1 month ago
- Wilfred Bungei: Alcohol nearly ruined meAthletics 3 weeks ago
- AFCON: Comfortable passage for champions Cameroon as Burundi make historyFootball 1 month ago
- Boxing: Anthony Joshua slammed for remarks on RonaldoBoxing 1 month ago