Zinedine Zidane's agent reveals why he left Real Madrid and what he REALLY thinks of Manchester United job
Zinedine Zidane simply had to leave Real Madrid in the summer according to his agent, who says his client isn't interested in the Manchester United job.
The Frenchman stunned football fans in the summer when he walked out on Madrid just five days after winning his third successive Champions League trophy with a 3-1 win over Liverpool in the final in Kiev.
He was replaced in the Real hot seat by former Spain boss Julen Lopetegui, and has found himself linked with the Manchester United job as speculation has continued over the future of Old Trafford boss Jose Mourinho.
But Alain Migliaccio, Zidane's agent, said that his client is determined to take a year out before deciding on his next move.
"He was emotionally drained," Migliaccio told Journal du Dimanche, via Sport.
"He chose to spend a year out and he isn't going to go back on that."
Migliaccio also poured scorn on the idea of Zidane replacing Mourinho, and coming to the Premier League in general.
"I don't believe he will go to England, it isn't his style," he continued.
"I've spoken with him and the truth is it doesn't appeal to him."
One job that does appeal to him, though, could be his former club Juventus should Massimiliano Allegri depart in the summer, with possibility of teaming up with Cristiano Ronaldo again in Serie A.
"It's a possibility because there's a history behind that," said Migliaccio.
"It's the club of his heart."
- Rugby star sacked over homophobic comments on social mediaRugby 1 week ago
- AFCON: Migne eager to know Harambee Stars’ opponentsFootball 1 month ago
- EPL preview: Five things we learned from the Premier LeaguePremier League 3 weeks ago
- Vincent Kompany leaves Man City after 11 years, reveals the club he will be playing for next seasonFootball 6 days ago
- Police tracking down disgraced Asbel KipropAthletics 4 weeks ago
- Man Utd and Arsenal battle it out for goalkeeping sensationFootball 3 weeks ago
- Video: Racism? Valencia fan spits at arsenal hat trick hero AubameyangFootball 2 weeks ago