Weekend clubs round-up results:Three birdies earn Kinsch vital victory
Home golfer Stan Kinsch was at his best producing a sterling 44 stableford points to win the club nite 2018 trophy at the par 72 Leisure Lodge Golf course, in Kwale, at the weekend.
Playing off handicap 11, the medical doctor and veteran golfer, who was warming up ahead of next weekend’s annual Diani Beach Masters tournament, sank three rare birdies at the par three-fifth, par five-13th and par five-18th holes.
Kinsch added an additional nine level pars against a mixed bogey shots on the rest of both nines to emerge the overall winner at the challenging course.
“This is really amazing because it’s not easy to get birdies here but I have made it today. I will be flying to France to watch the Ryder Cup tournament and hopefully return before the Diani Masters tourney,” said Kinsch.
Club mates handicap 21 Anne Jongema, on 35 points, finished second, while handicap 28 Lennart Rydberg, on 34 points, was third.
Meanwhile at the par 72 Thika Sports Club, handicap 22 Margaret Waweru posted 42 points (20-22) to emerge the overall winner of the Ketepa tournament played on Saturday.
J. K. Mbugua, playing off handicap 18, was the Men winner on a countback score of 39 points (16-23), same as handicap 24 M. Shiota, who was the runner-up.
Handicap 4 David Matano, on 38 points (19-19), was third.
Handicap 38 Juliana Musyoka, on 38 points (21-17), was the Lady winner and handicap 32 Jessica Kimathi posted 37 points (17-20) to finish second.
Millicent Kimathi, playing off handicap 21, finished third with 37 points (21-16) and handicap 14 Ken Lucas, from Nyahururu Club, was the Guest winner on 33 points (16-17).
At the par 73 Nakuru course, handicap 13 George Kimani, on a countback score of 41 points (20-21), won the CIC Insurance tournament on Saturday.
He tied on same score as handicap 15 Kisilah Gor.
- How Premier League giants face nightmares if Man City don’t win FA CupPremier League 1 month ago
- The Europa League draw is out!!Football 1 month ago
- How Messi reacted to Ronaldo's Champions League exitFootball 4 days ago
- Kenya Open event shows power of private sector partnershipsGolf 1 month ago
- Tusker withdraw from Sportpesa Shield battleFootball 1 month ago
- Unstoppable Mbappe kills off Toulouse resistanceFootball 2 weeks ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Man United face new fight to keep De Gea as Real Madrid plan raidFootball 1 month ago