Kabaddi: Kasarani set to host African Qualifiers
Kenya plot for 2019 World Cup ticket
Captain Mosambayi confident of continental triumph as team intensifies training ahead of December qualifiers.
Kenya men’s national team players are leaving nothing to chance as they prepare for the 2019 Kabaddi World Cup Africa qualifiers set for November 30 to December 9 at Kasarani Gymnasium.
The Kenyan boys will be seeking clearance to make their second appearance on the global scene having featured in the 2016 edition in India.
Twelve nations will battle for the two tickets to the championships in Dubai next March. Kenya will be up against Mauritius, Egypt, Morocco, Namibia, Zambia, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, Tanzania, Angola and Madagascar.
Oozing confidence, team Kenya Captain David Mosambayi said they will win and qualify for the world show.
“We are favourites in this championships and I believe we have the advantage of playing at home. Besides, we are training well, in good form and we are all committed to qualifying for the World Cup as the top team on the continent,” Mosambayi said.
His sentiments were echoed by coach Lavender Oguta who said their aim is to win gold at the Africa qualifiers and bronze at the Dubai World Cup.
“We have what it takes to win the continental championship and we will settle for nothing less than gold. Once we qualify, we'll then work on improving our performance,” Oguta said.
- Amina Mohamed: Will she fix the sports docket?Sports 1 month ago
- Migne: I am tired of the empty promisesFootball 1 month ago
- Rampant Guardiola crushes Schalke with magnificent sevenFootball 1 month ago
- #NairobiFightNight – Fatuma Zarika’s victory told in 10 picturesBoxing 3 weeks ago
- Champions League round of 16 second leg preview: Dortmund must go all out against TottenhamFootball 1 month ago
- Six top footballers dating women way older than themFootball 1 week ago
- Solskjaer gives clearest hint he will be permanent Man United bossPremier League 1 month ago