Gor to face Everton on November 6 – Here’s what you need to know about the match
English Premier League side Everton will host Sportpesa Premier League giants Gor Mahia at Goodison Park on November 6 starting 10 pm.
Gor, 17-time KPL champions booked the trip to Liverpool after retaining the Sportpesa Super Cup following a 2-0 win over Tanzania’s Simba Sports Club in the final on June 10 in Nakuru.
The clash will be historic as it will see an East African club play on English soil for the first time.
Tickets retail at £5 (Sh650) for adults and £1(Sh130) for Under-18 or over 65 years. According to Everton, all proceeds from the match will be chanelled towards charity. It will be a second meeting between the sides. On July 13, Gor lost 2-1 to Everton at the National Stadium in Dar es Salaam.
Ahead of the exhibition match, Gor Mahia FC and Rwanda international striker, Jacques Tuyisenge, has warned Everton to brace for a tough test.
The SportPesa Premier League second highest top scorer (13 goals) has promised K’Ogalo fans a goal in the landmark clash.
“We are hoping for a good result. We are aiming for victory,” he said.
- Boxing news: Mike Tyson's response when asked if he would beat Anthony JoshuaBoxing 1 month ago
- Liverpool fans suffer in journey to Madrid after toilet leaks on their coach [Photos]Football 2 weeks ago
- Schwarzenegger has revealed why he was attacked with flying kick in South Africa Sports 1 month ago
- What are Harambee Stars’ chances of winning AFCON?Football 1 day ago
- ‘Being rejected by foster family as a teenager fuelled my success’ – De BruyneFootball 2 months ago
- Six Legendary comebacks after Tottenham heroics on Wednesday nightFootball 1 month ago
- Four Man United superstars wanted out of Old Trafford- Identified by Ole GunnarFootball 3 weeks ago