Ghana AFCON qualifier gate collection amounted to Sh3.8m - FKF
Football Kenya Federation has revealed the total amount of money they collected as gate fees as Kenya faced Ghana in an AFCON qualifier on Saturday, 8th September 2018 at the Moi International Sports Centre Kasarani.
10 –man Harambee Stars made a bold statement by defeating one of Africa’s football giants, the Black Stars of Ghana 1-0. Michael Olunga was instrumental in the goal – putting pressure on Ghana’s Nicholas Opuko who had no option but to slot the ball past his own goalkeeper, much the delight of Kenyan fans.
Joash Onyango received a straight red card after fouling Majeed Waris as he was clean through on goal. Kenya Coach Sebastien Migne wasted no time- took out Eric Johanna and brought in the much-experienced David Ochieng.
Kenya missed the services of Tottenham midfield powerhouse Victor Wanyama, who is said to have been denied permission by the London-based club.
CF Fuenlabrada’s Ismael Gonzalez gave Kenyan’s a glimpse of his abilities, stringing a number of good passes in the lead up to the goal.
The win saw Kenya climb to second in Group F with three points.
FKF President on Monday thanked fans who turned up to support the national team and urged for the same when Harambee Stars faces other opponents in the country.
“I want to thank all those who turned up for the match. The atmosphere was crucial for us to pick up maximum points,” said Mwendwa.
Through their website, FKF revealed that they collected Sh3,873,600. VIP tickets went for Sh1000 each while regular tickets were sold at sh200.
The company responsible for ticketing information Big Brother Events and Ticketing sold a total of 16,798 regular and 514 VIP tickets. Accompanied by 494 complementary tickets, the total attendance was 17,806.
- Jose Mourinho accepts one-year prison sentence for tax fraud in SpainFootball 1 month ago
- Five records smashed at Coast Region championshipsAthletics 1 week ago
- Ex-Man United boss Mourinho defends Ramos over Messi collision Football 3 weeks ago
- Kenya suffer back-to-back defeats at Las Vegas 7sRugby 3 weeks ago
- Man Utd predicted line up vs Chelsea in FA Cup revealedFootball 1 month ago
- UCL: What happened last time four English teams made to quarter-finalsFootball 1 week ago
- Arsene Wenger set for return to football with four offers on the tableFootball 1 month ago