Mwamba Rugby are this year’s Dala Sevens champions
Mwamba Rugby are this year’s Dala Sevens champions after walloping Homeboyz 17-0 yesterday in Kisumu.
Mwamba, hungry to win their first title this season after three losses in the final at the Prinsloo, Sepetuka and Driftwood, took a 5-0 lead at halftime courtesy of an unconverted try by Daniel Taabu.
Kenya Sevens speedster Collins Injera put Mwamba 10-0 ahead with their second try of the match as Homeboyz were dealt a numerical blow when Mark Wandeto was sent to the sin bin.
Mwamba captain Eliakim Kichoi landed his side’s third try which was successfully converted as they held on to earn a 17-0 win.
Despite the loss in Kisumu, Homeboyz remain in contention for the title they last won in 2016 as a podium finish at the season ending leg, Christie Sevens slated for next weekend in Nairobi, will be enough to grant them the title.
Homeboyz are perched at the helm of the standings on 100 points and require a minimum of 15 points at the Christie Sevens to win the title
Mwamba are second with 92 points while KCB wrap up the top three with 81 points.
Homeboyz went into the Dala Sevens final seeking to avenge the 36-21 loss to Mwamba at the Driftwood Sevens semi finals two weeks ago.
Enroute to the cup final, Mwamba eliminated Driftwood Sevens champions Nakuru RFC with a 24-12 win in the quarter finals before annihilating KCB 20-7 in a last four match-up in which Greg Odhiambo scored a brace of unconverted tries with skipper Eliakim Kichoi and Daniel Taabu also touching down.
Francis Mwita handed KCB a consolation try which Shaban Ahmed converted.
Series leaders Homeboyz walloped Kabras Sugar 33-7 in the quarter finals before dumping Impala Saracens 19-12 in the semi finals through two converted tries by Leonard Mugaisi.
- Kenya 7s side seek redemption in IRB SeriesRugby 9 hours ago
- Manchester United squad vs Manchester City revealed Football 1 day ago
- Premier League clubs on alert as Real Madrid slap hefty fee on Marco AsensioPremier League 3 weeks ago
- Everton coach Silva sends strong message to Gor MahiaFootball 1 week ago
- How Kenyans threw caution to the wind in CricketCricket 9 hours ago
- Kenya –Sierra Leone AFCON qualifier called offFootball 23 hours ago
- Arsenal star baffles fans with what he did during trainingFootball 2 days ago