Los Blancos to place roof on Bernabeu in eye-catching £500million redevelopment of famous stadium
Real Madrid bosses are aiming to get the thumbs up from members as the La Liga giants plan massive £500million redevelopment of the Bernabeu.
President Florentino Perez will beg Real members if he can obtain credit to cover the costs for the major upgrade of the famous Madrid stadium, according to Marca.
The new look Bernabeu will include new look private boxes around the ground along with the demolition of the car park to create a space for fans to converge in before matches.
The brand new chic exterior will glisten in the Mediterranean sun with its silver simmer. Some fans have even likened the state-of-the-art plans to a 'spaceship'.
Inside, a new 360-degree video screen will be installed to add to the fans' experience.
But the biggest new addition is the inclusion of a retractable roof.
The modifications are expected to take between three and four years to complete and are due to start next summer.
Perez said in 2016: “With this agreement, we will start a process of modernisation and transformation that will convert the stadium into an avant-garde architectural icon.
“This stadium will act as an economic and touristic invigorator and will contribute to strengthening the image of our city.”
Last May, Real had plans for the facelift approved by the Commission for Sustainable Urban Development of the City of Madrid.
- European tour professionals to play Kenyan amateur golfersGolf 13 hours ago
- Oliech comes off the bench to inspire GorFootball 2 hours ago
- Remember Ryan Babel? He has now joined FulhamPremier League 11 hours ago
- 'Stupid square back passes' – Solskjaer takes swipe at Mourinho's tacticsPremier League 1 day ago
- Huge worry for Bandari ahead of SportPesa Super CupFootball 1 day ago
- Chikati double signs for Leopards and HomeboyzFootball 1 week ago
- Tottenham fan arrested after throwing banana at Arsenal's Aubameyang Football 1 month ago