Los Blancos to place roof on Bernabeu in eye-catching £500million redevelopment of famous stadium
Real Madrid bosses are aiming to get the thumbs up from members as the La Liga giants plan massive £500million redevelopment of the Bernabeu.
President Florentino Perez will beg Real members if he can obtain credit to cover the costs for the major upgrade of the famous Madrid stadium, according to Marca.
The new look Bernabeu will include new look private boxes around the ground along with the demolition of the car park to create a space for fans to converge in before matches.
The brand new chic exterior will glisten in the Mediterranean sun with its silver simmer. Some fans have even likened the state-of-the-art plans to a 'spaceship'.
Inside, a new 360-degree video screen will be installed to add to the fans' experience.
But the biggest new addition is the inclusion of a retractable roof.
The modifications are expected to take between three and four years to complete and are due to start next summer.
Perez said in 2016: “With this agreement, we will start a process of modernisation and transformation that will convert the stadium into an avant-garde architectural icon.
“This stadium will act as an economic and touristic invigorator and will contribute to strengthening the image of our city.”
Last May, Real had plans for the facelift approved by the Commission for Sustainable Urban Development of the City of Madrid.
- Champions League Group A: Atletico shake off domestic woes to clinch comeback win at MonacoFootball 8 hours ago
- Barcelona 4-0 PSV Eindhoven: Messi scores stunning hat-trick in Champions LeagueFootball 1 hour ago
- Champions League: Late Firmino strike gives Liverpool 3-2 win over PSGFootball 8 hours ago
- KPL: Sharks maul limping Leopards in MachakosFootball 8 hours ago
- Athletics: Kinyua appointed Meru Sports Council chiefAthletics 8 hours ago
- Two football fields on top of a church building in NairobiFootball 1 day ago
- Basketball: KPA’s trip to Tanzania in doubtBasketball 8 hours ago