Belgium's Mignolet, Fellaini and Benteke ruled out through injury
Belgium goalkeeper Simon Mignolet, midfielder Marouane Fellaini and striker Christian Benteke have been ruled out of the squad to face Scotland and Iceland due to injuries, the Belgian Football Association (RBFA) said on Wednesday.
The RBFA did not disclose the nature of the injuries but Liverpool said Mignolet was expected to be available for the Premier League game away to Tottenham Hotspur on Sept. 15.
Fellaini had been called up by Belgium manager Roberto Martinez on the back of his first start for Manchester United in their 2-0 league victory at Burnley last weekend.
Benteke has started all four Premier League games for Crystal Palace this season but has yet to score.
The uncapped Davy Roef, on loan at Waasland-Beveren from Anderlecht, has been called up, although fellow keepers Thibaut Courtois, Koen Casteels and Matz Sels are already in the squad.
Belgium face Scotland in a friendly at Glasgow’s Hampden Park on Friday and Iceland in a Nations League match at Laugardalsvollur stadium in Reykjavik on Tuesday.
- De Gea's career crossroads a danger to Man Utd's revivalFootball 2 weeks ago
- Zetech register mixed results in varsity leagueBasketball 1 month ago
- Croatian youngster sees red for Simeone's 'cojones' celebrationFootball 5 days ago
- Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri has spoken about his future after they were thrashed 6-0 by Man CityFootball 1 month ago
- Breaking: Lionel Messi returns to Argentina squad for 1st time since World CupFootball 2 weeks ago
- Semenya male or female? IAAF gender dilemmaAthletics 1 month ago
- Chelsea striker passes medical ahead of loan move to AtleticoFootball 1 month ago