Wentzel makes winning return at Leisure Club
Diani’s Stefan Wentzel broke his deafening silence at the weekend to emerge the overall winner of the 2018 Club golf tournament at the Leisure Lodge Golf Resort Course in Mombasa.
The handicap 12 home golfer carded 38 stableford points to beat a team of 120 golfers in the one-day 18-hole stableford tournament that was sponsored by the club.
Despite having a false start with a bogey shot at the par fourth-first hole, Wentzel, who has been a silent golfer at the club course, however, picked up to roll nine level pars against additional seven bogeys in both nines.
He also had a double bogey at the shortest par three-hole nine to claim the trophy.
“Yes, I have not been playing well over the past months but it now seems that I am picking up. I hope to maintain my top form especially during next month’s (October) Diani Beach Masters.
Club mates handicap 15 Jonathan Evans, on 34 points and handicap 20 Gary Ensor, on 33 points, were the runner-up and third-placed respectively.
At the par 71 Muthaiga course, handicap 10 Julius Mutethia posted 40 points to emerge the overall winner of the Eid Ul Adha tourney played on Saturday.
Handicap 7 Selest Kilinda, on a two-way countback score of 38 points, was the Men winner after tying on points with handicap 0 Anthony Irungu, who was the men runner-up and third-placed handicap 20, Allan Hicks.
Rose Koome, playing off handicap 11, was the lady winner on a countback score of 35 points, tying on points with runner-up handicap 21 Rita Njeru.
Windsor’s handicap 25 Veronica Kona, on 32 points, was the Lady Guest winner, while Nyanza’s handicap 16 Silas Otiola, on 35 points, was the Men Guest winner.
At the par 72 Kiambu course, handicap 13 Githiari Njakwe, on 68 nett, won the Pro MK Mwaura @70 Years old golf tournament played on Saturday.
Githae Kimanga, playing off handicap 19, was the runner-up, while Joseph Muchigi on 70 nett took the third slot.
Michael Karanga shot a five over par 77 gross to claim the Gross prize while handicap 21 Margaret Mbugua on 74 nett was the Lady winner, while Nakuru’s handicap 15 Ken Kiburi was the Men Guest winner.
- Arsenal boss delivers GOOD NEWS to Gunners fans about 25-year-old Suarez coming to Emirates Football 3 hours ago
- Extremely angry Chelsea manager Sarri: This is why we were beaten by ArsenalFootball 2 hours ago
- Athletics: Kenya’s Lagat upsets the odds at Mumbai MarathonAthletics 14 hours ago
- Why Ole Gunnar Solskjaer sits in different dugout seat to Jose MourinhoFootball 3 days ago
- Dispatch from Dar: Tanzania Police preach road safetyFootball 14 hours ago
- Boxer suffers horror cut during undercard of Pacquiao's WBA welterweight title defenceBoxing 19 hours ago
- Guardiola unhappy as City keep pace with Liverpool in Huddersfield winFootball 17 hours ago