Manchester United star Alexis Sanchez throws tantrum after substitution against Burnley
Manchester United got back to winning ways at Burnley, but not without incident.
Jose Mourinho's men thoroughly deserved their 2-0 victory thanks to a double from Romelu Lukaku, but they still managed to miss a penalty through Paul Pogba and have Marcus Rashford sent off.
Nonetheless, their second Premier League success of the season lifted them to 10th place and eased the pressure on Jose Mourinho somewhat, even on a day when much of the focus was on the banner directed at executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward.
Mourinho was in a cheerful mood after the game, but the same can't really be said for Alexis Sanchez in the second half.
The Chilean had played well in his hour on the pitch - setting up the first of Lukaku's brace - but when he was withdrawn for Rashford at Turf Moor it was impossible to miss his reaction.
Looking glum, Sanchez sat down on the bench and removed the tape from his socks, throwing it on the ground.
On social media fans were instantly talking about his actions, but many praised him for showing passion and a disappointment at having to go off.
- Man United goalkeeper De Gea blasts ‘stupid’ criticismFootball 13 hours ago
- Real Madrid’s plans for stunning Sh41 billion stadium revealed [Photos]Football 10 hours ago
- Heartwarming story of Mfang'ano, island of great soccer talentFootball 9 hours ago
- Jose Mourinho explains why his captain will not play against Young Boys tonight Football 6 hours ago
- Sang: We won't phase out Kipchoge Keino's nameAthletics 21 hours ago
- Champions League Group A: Atletico shake off domestic woes to clinch comeback win at MonacoFootball 20 hours ago
- Champions League: Late Firmino strike gives Liverpool 3-2 win over PSGFootball 21 hours ago