Ronaldo Jr outshines dad with four Juve goals
Nothing is going right for Portuguese superstar Cristiano Ronaldo since his summer move to Italian champions Juventus.
The five-time Ballon d’Or winner, who lost out to Luka Modric for the Uefa Player of the Year award during the week, drew another blank for a third straight Serie A game on Saturday.
Liberated by his departure his former Real Madrid teammates have gone on a goal spree and now he has even been outshone by his son, Cristiano Ronaldo Jr, who scored four goals in his debut for Juventus’s Under-9 team.
Wearing the number 7 of his famous dad, eight-year-old Ronaldo Jr scored a brace in either half in a 5-1 win against Lucento, watched by Ronaldo’s partner Georgina.
Ronaldo has failed to score in his first three competitive games for Juventus, including Saturday’s 2-1 win at Parma with Portuguese Prime Minister Antonio Costa in the stands.
Real Madrid are not suffering following the exit of their record all-time goal scorer, earning three wins from three games after thrashing Leganes 4-1.
“Three more points! Good teamwork,” Ronaldo tweeted after the game in Parma as they sealed maximum points
- Weekend clubs round-up results:Three birdies earn Kinsch vital victory Golf 1 day ago
- Aged 51, George Weah comes out of retirement [Photos]Football 1 week ago
- Gary Neville warns Paul Pogba, fuels transfer speculationPremier League 1 week ago
- UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE: Here’s where to place your bets tonightFootball 2 weeks ago
- United pay the price for dismantling Ferguson’s legacyPremier League 3 weeks ago
- Update on retired striker Ronaldo’s recovery, days after he was admitted to ICUFootball 1 month ago
- Manchester United striker leaves club on season-long loanPremier League 1 month ago