Luka Modric named Player of the Year
Real Madrid and Croatia star Luka Modric on Thursday received the accolade of Uefa Player of the Year in Monaco, beating his former teammate Cristiano Ronaldo and Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah to the prize.
“I’m very happy to receive this great prize. I have worked hard for this, to get to the highest point possible,” said Modric, who starred in the Real side that won the Champions League for the third year running before also leading Croatia to the World Cup final.
“I can say for sure that this has been the best year of my career, collectively and individually, and I am enjoying the moment,” added the 32-year-old, who was announced as the winner of the prize after Thursday’s draw in Monaco for this season’s Champions League group stage,
Modric started out at Dinamo Zagreb and then had four years with Tottenham Hotspur before Real prised him away.
- Kenyan man offered wife to friend if Man United lost to PSGFootball 2 weeks ago
- Man Utd's Martial, Lingard to miss Chelsea, Liverpool matchesFootball 1 month ago
- BetLion launches Sh350m jackpotSports 2 months ago
- Cristiano Ronaldo 'phoned Arsenal transfer target' to convince him to sign for JuventusFootball 1 month ago
- Kenya suffer back-to-back defeats at Las Vegas 7sRugby 2 weeks ago
- Is Pep Guardiola on his way out?Football 2 weeks ago
- Kompany mocks Chelsea’s keeper Kepa after row with SarriFootball 3 weeks ago