Luka Modric named Player of the Year
Real Madrid and Croatia star Luka Modric on Thursday received the accolade of Uefa Player of the Year in Monaco, beating his former teammate Cristiano Ronaldo and Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah to the prize.
“I’m very happy to receive this great prize. I have worked hard for this, to get to the highest point possible,” said Modric, who starred in the Real side that won the Champions League for the third year running before also leading Croatia to the World Cup final.
“I can say for sure that this has been the best year of my career, collectively and individually, and I am enjoying the moment,” added the 32-year-old, who was announced as the winner of the prize after Thursday’s draw in Monaco for this season’s Champions League group stage,
Modric started out at Dinamo Zagreb and then had four years with Tottenham Hotspur before Real prised him away.
- IDPA Expert shooter Onyango set for MagTech Cup in HungarySports 2 weeks ago
- Meet Arsenal’s new striker – who had several trials at Man United Football 1 week ago
- Everton legends call to Sharks ahead of friendlyFootball 1 week ago
- Mane says he will step down as Senegal penalty-taker for nowFootball 1 week ago
- Lukaku’s mother star-struck at Old Trafford after meeting Lionel Messi [photos]Football 3 months ago
- Reason why Man Utd's transfer for Bruno Fernandes has been delayedFootball 1 week ago
- Neymar out of Copa America 2019 with ankle ligament injuryFootball 1 month ago