Odero dares Sibanda ahead of gruelling battle
Kenyan pugilist Evelyne Odero has put Monalisa Sibanda of Zimbabwe on notice ahead of the World International Boxing Association (WIBA) light welterweight title fight at Treasure Garden in Kilimani, Nairobi, today.
Odera promised to give a few boxing lessons to Sibanda who has previously lost to Conjestina Achieng’ and Fatuma Zarika on the Kenyan soil.
“I am urging fans to turn up in large numbers to give me moral support,” Odera said. "I will give you value for your ticket because the battle I will give her will be severe than the one Zarika and Conje inflicted on her. I badly want to win and make Kenyans proud."
Speaking after weigh-in at Treasure Gardens, Sibanda, said: “I have come to take the belt and that is what I came for. I am a child of God ready for the fight,” Odera, the light welterweight fighter, said while holding the Bible.
In the meantime, the event’s promoter Caleb Kuya and Osaga Promotions said plans to hold the event are complete and called upon the sports' enthusiasts to turn up in large numbers.
“The event has all the ingredients of a thriller and I urge all to come and watch. I wish all the boxers well and may the best win," Kuya said.
He further said he will also promote a WBF heavyweight fight between Kenya’s Aziz Ali and a Bulgarian opponent on December 1 at Laico Regency.
Ali is among those lined up for the non-title bouts that will precede the WIBA title fight. He will slug it out with Abbas Kyobe of Uganda.
- Kimanzi: Emerging Stars coach says his side can make Olympic historyFootball 3 hours ago
- Juventus 'hold Paul Pogba talks' Football 10 hours ago
- Good news about Barcelona superstar coming to Arsenal Football 4 days ago
- AWCON 2018: FKF to appeal CAF's decision on Harambee Starlets Football 1 week ago
- Is Beatrice Chepkoech the next IAAF Female World Athlete of the Year?Athletics 4 weeks ago
- Everton give K'ogalo a beating at Goodison ParkFootball 1 week ago
- Arsenal star set for shock exitFootball 7 hours ago