Troubled former Arsenal star Emmanuel Eboue set to make a surprise return to football
Troubled former Arsenal star Emmanuel Eboue could be offered a way back into football by LA Galaxy.
Defender Eboue hasn't played a professional football match since May 2014 - when he starred for Galatasaray in their Turkish Cup final victory over Eskisehirspor.
The following season Eboue was forced to leave the Turkish giants, after they hit their foreign player limit, before joining Sunderland.
But the 35-year-old failed to make an appearance for the Black Cats after FIFA banned him from all footballing activities for a year for failing to pay his agent.
Eboue, who scored ten times in 214 appearances during a seven year stint at the Gunners, agreed a deal to sign for Turk Ocagi Limasol last year but failed a medical.
He was handed match time for the Arsenal Legends this summer, where he impressed against Real Madrid.
And now, MLS outfit LA Galaxy are ready to offer Eboue a deal to return to the pitch, according to the Sun, with Brazilian club Cruzeiro also interested.
Eboue has also fallen on rocky times in his personal life in recent years.
Mirror Sport revealed earlier this year how the ex-Ivory Coast international had been left with nothing after an acrimonious divorce battle with wife Aurelie.
It emerged Eboue spends his days hiding from bailiffs, sometimes sleeps on the floor of a friend’s home, travels by bus and even cleans his clothes by hand because he has no washing machine.
Then in July, Eboue was arrested outside his home in Enfield on suspicion of arson and spent a night in jail before he was released with "no further action".
Although he was bailed during the same incident over malicious communications, which is defined as 'sending letters or other communications with intent to cause distress or anxiety.'
- Arsenal goalkeeper Petr Cech reveals why Wenger was not concerned about winning Football 7 hours ago
- Ochieng shows how it’s done: Custodian trainer mentors budding talent in KayoleFootball 1 hour ago
- Sh 32 million sports academy lying underutilized in Taita-Taveta CountySports 1 month ago
- Lukaku sends powerful message to fans about Mourinho’s emotionsFootball 1 week ago
- Makueni beats Kisumu in sitting volleyball tourneySports 1 month ago
- AFC to Gor: Don’t open champagne cork yetFootball 1 month ago
- Hockey: Titans beat Multimedia University in Super LeagueHockey 1 week ago