Yaya Toure joining a club in London, but which one is it?
Yaya Toure's agent has confirmed the former Manchester City midfielder has passed a medical in London ahead of moving to a new club.
Toure has been unattached since being released by City at the end of last season after eight years at the Etihad.
Several clubs have been linked with an approach for Toure, and it looks like his destination will soon be confirmed.
His agent Dimitry Seluk tweeted: "Yaya has passed a medical in London. Yaya is close to signing a new contract."
West Ham were most strongly linked with Toure, with Manuel Pellegrini previously coaching the 35-year-old at City.
But Seluk confirmed the London Stadium will not be his destination, appearing to aim a dig at the Hammers in the process.
"It's not West Ham, 100%," he added. "Yaya is a champion. The last place is not for him."
Although Toure has had a medical in London, there is no suggestion he will join an English club. His former side Olympiacos are currently in the UK ahead of their Europa League clash with Burnley.
Toure made 316 appearances for City, scoring 79 goals. He won three league titles, the FA Cup and two League Cups.
- Migne names Stars squad for Ethiopia Afcon qualifierFootball 7 hours ago
- Nick Mwendwa digs into his pocket after KRA freezes FKF accountFootball 1 week ago
- Uganda daze Kanbis at Hayer Star Field tourneyCricket 1 month ago
- Kenyan football fans to watch Serie A via GOtvFootball 1 month ago
- Manchester United’s stunning wage bill revealed – top players get a pay hikePremier League 2 weeks ago
- Athletics: Huge field for Mombasa International Marathon Athletics 3 hours ago
- 21 offences Cristiano Ronaldo should have been red-carded for in the past Football 1 day ago