Salah strike sinks Brighton and sends Liverpool top
* Liverpool go top with 1-0 win at Anfield over Brighton
* Third win in three games for Juergen Klopp's side
* Brighton keeper Mathew Ryan foiled early Roberto Firmino header
* Trent Alexander-Arnold thumped free kick against bar in 15th
* Mohammed Salah's diagonal shot put Reds ahead in 23rd
* Alisson save foiled Albion's Pascal Gross two minutes from end
* Liverpoool are at Leicester on Saturday while Brighton host Fulham
Mohammed Salah's 23rd-minute strike was enough to earn Liverpool a 1-0 win over a dogged Brighton and Hove Albion and give them an early top spot in the Premier League with three wins out of three.
Juergen Klopp's side made a strong start, and Brighton's Australian keeper Mathew Ryan did well to keep out a Roberto Firmino header before Trent Alexander-Arnold rattled the crossbar with a 15th-minute free kick.
The breakthrough came when James Milner robbed Yves Bissouma as Brighton tried to play the ball out from the back and a quick exchange of passes from Sadio Mane and Firmino ended with a clinical finish from Salah, last season's top scorer with 32 league goals.
Brighton, who beat Manchester United last week, defended with determination, frustrating Liverpool but creating little until a Pascal Gross header in the 88th minute forced a good save out Liverpool keeper Alisson Becker.
- Chelsea's star midfielder signs five-year contract extensionFootball 1 month ago
- Good news for Man United as club ‘agrees terms’ with Portuguese powerhouseGossip & Rumours 1 month ago
- Harambee Stars goalkeeper joins Tanzania’s Yanga FCFootball 1 month ago
- Barcelona superstar 'says yes' to PSG transfer - paving way for Neymar returnFootball 1 month ago
- Man United First training: New boy Daniel James in action [Photos]Football 1 month ago
- Griezmann shocks football world, delivers on threat Football 1 month ago
- AFCON: Maybe this year will be the one – Senegal coachFootball 1 month ago