Salah strike sinks Brighton and sends Liverpool top
* Liverpool go top with 1-0 win at Anfield over Brighton
* Third win in three games for Juergen Klopp's side
* Brighton keeper Mathew Ryan foiled early Roberto Firmino header
* Trent Alexander-Arnold thumped free kick against bar in 15th
* Mohammed Salah's diagonal shot put Reds ahead in 23rd
* Alisson save foiled Albion's Pascal Gross two minutes from end
* Liverpoool are at Leicester on Saturday while Brighton host Fulham
Mohammed Salah's 23rd-minute strike was enough to earn Liverpool a 1-0 win over a dogged Brighton and Hove Albion and give them an early top spot in the Premier League with three wins out of three.
Juergen Klopp's side made a strong start, and Brighton's Australian keeper Mathew Ryan did well to keep out a Roberto Firmino header before Trent Alexander-Arnold rattled the crossbar with a 15th-minute free kick.
The breakthrough came when James Milner robbed Yves Bissouma as Brighton tried to play the ball out from the back and a quick exchange of passes from Sadio Mane and Firmino ended with a clinical finish from Salah, last season's top scorer with 32 league goals.
Brighton, who beat Manchester United last week, defended with determination, frustrating Liverpool but creating little until a Pascal Gross header in the 88th minute forced a good save out Liverpool keeper Alisson Becker.
- Korean athlete dies after taking part in Nyahururu road raceAthletics 3 days ago
- Man United fans left fuming by what Arsenal have done ahead of FA Cup tieFootball 1 day ago
- Five players Liverpool could easily sign this month Premier League 20 hours ago
- Mourinho rejects opportunity to become top club managerFootball 1 week ago
- Emery provides update on Ozil amid claims German could leave ArsenalFootball 13 hours ago
- European tour professionals to play Kenyan amateur golfersGolf 1 day ago
- Footballer’s home vandalised following penalty miss Football 1 month ago