Tony Adams slams Unai Emery's approach
Tony Adams is not impressed by Unai Emery and believes the Spaniard is destined to fail at Arsenal.
Despite just two games in charge of the Gunners, Adams has dismissed the style of play the former Paris Saint-Germain boss is trying to implement.
Arsenal will look to get their first points on the board against West Ham today after losses to Manchester City and Chelsea, but the Gunners legend is pessimistic about the future under Emery.
"After Arsene, I was so excited with the prospect of a real change. It was a great chance to do things differently but against City it was an Arsene Wenger performance — only more so," Adams told the Sun.
"It’s the same goalkeeper, the same style of play — it just feels the same, there’s no one rocking the boat. Chief executive Ivan Gazidis has gone for a ‘head coach’ because they don’t want someone with the power Arsene had.
"But they still want to appease the fans with a style of play like Arsene had. They don’t want to lose the ideology of the ‘beautiful game’ . . . whatever that is.
"I don’t think you are going to have success that way because there are clubs doing it far better, with better players and more money than us."
- Don’t lift ban on Russia, whistleblower warns World Anti-Doping AgencyAthletics 1 hour ago
- Cristiano Ronaldo red card: What Juventus star said to referee revealedFootball 17 minutes ago
- Nick Mwendwa digs into his pocket after KRA freezes FKF accountFootball 5 days ago
- Hockey: Titans beat Multimedia University in Super LeagueHockey 4 days ago
- PSG coach Tuchel and goalkeeper Buffon on collision courseFootball 1 week ago
- See how Golovkin suffered first defeat of pro career at the hands of Alvarez [Photos] Boxing 3 days ago
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s epic response after teammates told him Messi is betterFootball 1 week ago