Eden Hazard is not up to full fitness yet - Sarri
Eden Hazard is not up to full fitness yet, according to Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri.
The Belgium star has been restricted to a bit-part role for the Blues since returning from holiday following the World Cup.
However, Hazard is still getting up to full speed as Chelsea look to record a third win on the spin when they travel to Newcastle on Sunday.
Sarri said: “Eden is ready for 50-60 minutes. I don't know for 90 minutes. But he can start.”
“Maybe he does want to start. But it is my mind that is more important. I am happy with him. He wants to play. I think it's the right way to think for him. But I have to think for everybody.” ”
Sarri also confirmed that Hazard will not be leaving Stamford Bridge before the end of the European transfer window, which shuts on August 31. Real Madrid are interested in the Belgian skipper.
The Chelsea manager said: “I am the coach of a very good team. I am the coach of a very great club.
"So I think that such an important club cannot sell a very important player without the possibility of buying another very important player at the same level. So I think that Eden will stay with us for all the season.”
But Sarri could not offer England midfielder Ruben Loftus-Cheek, left out of the squad for the win over Arsenal last week, any guarantees about his place.
He said: “It was only a decision about the positions. I chose to put two wingers and only one midfielder on the bench. I have spoken with Ruben twice this week after I spoke with the club.
"I think Loftus-Cheek will remain with us. We can speak again about his situation, but I think only in December.”
- How Eliud Kipchoge’s record has set the stage for faster marathonsAthletics 2 days ago
- Kipchoge has extra-ordinary muscular and mental strength – renowned athletics coachAthletics 2 days ago
- Don’t lift ban on Russia, whistleblower warns World Anti-Doping AgencyAthletics 2 days ago
- Malkia Strikers squad ready to fly Kenyan flag high Volleyball and Handball 2 days ago
- Cristiano Ronaldo red card: What Juventus star said to referee revealedFootball 2 days ago
- Gor Mahia fined – again!Football 2 days ago
- What’s left of Conseslus Kipruto’s car after Tuesday night crash? [Photos]Athletics 2 days ago