Liverpool end Origi talks with Dortmund
Liverpool have ended talks with Borussia Dortmund over a move for Divock Origi, leaving the Belgian striker in limbo once more.
Origi had been keen to join the German side, who had wanted to take the 23-year-old on a season-long loan to the Westfalenstadion.
But Liverpool is not interested in loaning out the striker again, after he spent last season at another Bundesliga outfit, Wolfsburg.
Instead, they were only seeking a permanent end to his stay at Anfield, but Dortmund had little interest in meeting the Reds' £27million asking price.
Lucien Favre is desperate to add to Dortmund's striking options, with the club still yet to replace Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang after his January switch to Arsenal.
Marco Reus is currently the man tasked with being the focal point of Dortmund's attack, with Aleksander Isak the only recognised No.9 in the club's senior squad.
BVB have now turned their attention to Barcelona's Paco Alcacer as an alternative and Origi looks set to stay in the shadows at Anfield until January unless something drastic changes.
Origi scored six goals in 34 games at Wolfsburg last term, but turned down a permanent switch earlier this month.
Now he is set to remain with Jurgen Klopp's side as a backup option but is well down the pecking order
Daniel Sturridge is currently the preferred backup to Roberto Firmino for the No.9 role, while Xherdan Shaqiri is first in line should either Sadio Mane or Mo Salah be missing.
Dominic Solanke is also among the Reds' attacking ranks, and while Klopp had been keen to keep him at the club this term, he could now allow the England forward to move on loan until January for regular first-team action.
Neither Solanke or Origi have been in the Reds' squad in either of their Premier League matches thus far this term.
- Paul Pogba's goal celebrations branded 'disrespectful' Football 1 month ago
- Telkom and Malkia highlight Soya women team nomineesHockey 1 month ago
- Maurizio Sarri refuses to shake hands with Pep Guardiola after 6-0 demolitionFootball 1 week ago
- Oliech to make SportPesa Super Cup debut against Mbao FCFootball 4 weeks ago
- Chepng’etich, Maruka star in Nairobi championshipsAthletics 1 week ago
- Arsenal squad to face BATE Borisov revealedFootball 1 week ago
- Wreckage of missing plane carrying Cardiff City's Emiliano Sala foundFootball 2 weeks ago