Funniest Liverpool player? Most boring? - Sadio Mane reveals
Sadio Mane has revealed the secrets of Liverpool players' WhatsApp groups.
The Senegalese has enjoyed a fine start to the season, scoring three times in two games as the Reds begin a title challenge.
Mane has detailed how the players name their groups on the popular messaging app dependent on where the team is.
"Everywhere we go," Mane told Copa90. "(But) it depends. When we're here, it's called 'LFC players', so if you go to America, we put like 'American boys'.
"The boys who didn't come with us, they're not in, we create a separate one. So if you go to pre-season in France, then it's special for only the guys in France. When we're home here (it's everyone)."
And when it comes to the funniest player, Mane has revealed a couple of surprise names in the running.
"Not really (Daniel Sturridge), he's quiet," Mane added. "(Andy) Robertson is funny, Ingsy (Danny Ings) but he's gone now.
And despite many labelling James Milner as 'boring,' his team-mate insists that is far from the truth.
"No," Mane said when asked whether the stereotype was true. "Honestly, he's so, so funny, sometimes."
Sadio Mane was speaking at New Balance Football’s launch of the new Furon 4.0 and Tekela 1.0 boots at Liverpool’s Academy last week. Tekela is made for Untouchable playmakers, who are fearlessly creative. Touch, feel and manoeuvrability are at the heart of the design.
- World Cup star Luka Modric accepts eight-month prison sentencePremier League 21 hours ago
- Pogba’s Man United future in fresh doubt as Barcelona plan 'full-scale assault' Premier League 1 day ago
- Kenya Open: Kibet and Okutoyi win Kenya Open titlesTennis 9 hours ago
- Gladys Cherono wins women race at the Berlin MarathonAthletics 6 days ago
- Tottenham boss Pochettino’s sensational rant after defeat to Inter revealedFootball 4 days ago
- Anthony Joshua next fight confirmedBoxing 2 months ago
- Career change: Thierry Henry makes shock announcement World Cup 2018 2 months ago