Chelsea star Eden Hazard makes huge transfer decision - reports
Chelsea forward Eden Hazard has said he has no plans to leave the Premier League club before the European transfer window closes at the end of the month.
The Belgian was consistently linked with a move to Real Madrid throughout the close season but, following Chelsea’s 3-2 victory over Arsenal on Sunday, the 27-year-old said he would be staying in London.
“I’m fine here. We’ll see what happens in a year or two,” Hazard told French news outlet RMC Sport.
“Leave this year? I will not leave. Everybody knows what I said after the World Cup - but I’m happy here.”
With the English transfer window already closed Chelsea would be unable to bring in someone to replace Hazard if he left.
“It would be a little odd if they sell me now while they can’t recruit a replacement,” Hazard added.
Chelsea travel to Newcastle United in the Premier League next weekend.
- Kipchoge has extra-ordinary muscular and mental strength – renowned athletics coachAthletics 3 hours ago
- Jose Mourinho explains why his captain will not play against Young Boys tonight Football 20 hours ago
- Tottenham captain pleads guilty to 'drunk-driving' [Photos]Football 1 week ago
- Don’t lift ban on Russia, whistleblower warns World Anti-Doping AgencyAthletics 3 hours ago
- Hockey: Titans beat Multimedia University in Super LeagueHockey 4 days ago
- UEFA set to introduce third European club competition after Champions and Europa LeagueFootball 1 week ago
- Treasury holds onto Sh8b as Sports suffer: Harambee Stars coach yet to be paid for two monthsFootball 3 days ago