Gaming: SportPesa at it again with best industry award
For the third year in a row, SportPesa carried the day during Africa’s prestigious sports awards held in South Africa over the weekedn by winning in all the categories it was nominated in.
SportPesa, which was shortlisted in two of the 18 categories at the 2018 Sports Industry Awards held at the Sandton Convention Centre in South Africa, took home the Best African Sponsorship Award for Everton in Tanzania.
The leading gaming firm also beat DSTV’S SuperSport to clinch the top honour in the Best Pan African Campaign for the Everton in Tanzania tour in July 2017. It was Everton’s maiden tour of East Africa.
The win comes slightly over a year since SportPesa launched in Tanzania. The bookmaker’s partnership with EPL club Everton sealed in May 2017 and the maiden trip by the club’s first team to Tanzania shortly after for a friendly match in Dar es Salaam, kicked off the company’s successful projects in the East African nation.
“The successful Everton in Tanzania trip is a perfect example of how far we can go when government works with the private sector to support sports. We are honoured to work closely with the government,” said SportPesa’s Chief Marketing Officer for Kenya and Tanzania Kelvin Twissa.
Twissa was accompanied to the SIA gala by Tanzania’s Ministry of Sports Permanent Secretary Susan Mlawi, SportPesa Tanzania Administration and Compliance Director Tarimba Abbas, SportPesa South Africa Marketing Manager Gail Odgers and Everton FC’s Head of Partnerships Management Mark Rollings. Gor Mahia’s Marketing Liaison Gerphas Okuku was also present.
“We are delighted that our partnership with SportPesa has been recognized on such a prestigious stage as the Sport Industry Awards,” said Everton’s Rollings. [Standard Sports]
- Youthful Prisons seal leaking Pipeline as Coach Barasa bags his second title after vital winVolleyball and Handball 2 months ago
- Mathare dropped OwinoFootball 1 week ago
- Arsenal extend unbeaten run in four-goal thrillerFootball 2 months ago
- Where are the elders to help guide us back to the real spirit of golf?Golf 3 weeks ago
- Iwobi, Lacazette lead Arsenal to win at HuddersfieldFootball 1 week ago
- Paul Pogba's goal celebrations branded 'disrespectful' Football 1 month ago
- Who says Kenyan athletes can’t fall in love? You’re wrong [Photos]Athletics 1 week ago