“If you are a rich club you can buy top players, but you cannot buy class…”
Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho wasn’t so pleased to feature in Manchester City’s new Amazon Prime documentary ‘All or Nothing’ – a feature that charted the ‘Cityzen’s’ Premier League-winning 2017-18 season.
City won the title with a record 100 points, 19 points ahead of Manchester United.
In a pre-match press conference held on Saturday, the ‘Special One’ explained his reactions once he saw part the documentary, seemingly attacking his derby rivals – as is Mourinho way.
“I think you can have a fantastic movie, respecting others. You don't need to be disrespectful," was Mourinho’s response when a journalist asked him what he thought about the film.
He went on to ridicule the film for featuring him so many times, saying that it needed his presence to sell.
“You know, a movie without me doesn't sell much. I needed to be there,” said Mourinho.
He then claimed that Guardiola’s side had already printed T-shirts written “We did it on derby day” when the two sides met last season at the Etihad Stadium, for what they thought would be the game that would see them be crowned champions. City was leading 2-0 at half-time before a Paul Pogba renaissance inspired Man United to come back and win the game 3-2.
Mourinho then joked that he would relinquish any ‘royalty’ claims if the Premier League champions sent him a specific T-shirt he saw in the Etihad tunnel.
"But if they send me one of the shirts they had in the tunnel when we played there, the shirts that were saying ‘We did it on derby day’. If they send me one of these shirts, I give up about the royalties,” he joked.
Man United will travel to the Amex Stadium, England today to face Brighton and Hove Albion while Man City welcome Huddersfield Town to the Etihad.
- Two football fields on top of a church building in NairobiFootball 22 hours ago
- Hockey: UOE bag maximum points in city tourHockey 1 day ago
- Athletics: Elite marathoners head to MombasaRugby 16 hours ago
- Athletics: Second Kabarak Half Marathon nets Sh5mAthletics 16 hours ago
- Treasury holds onto Sh8b as Sports suffer: Harambee Stars coach yet to be paid for two monthsFootball 1 day ago
- Kenyan athlete hit by car during Medellin half marathonAthletics 1 day ago
- [PHOTOS] Man brandishes gun at players after Bandari FC vs Zoo Kericho matchFootball 1 day ago