International Netball Federation promise help for Kenya teams
International Netball Federation (INF) have promised to help Kenya develop the sport from the grassroots level.
Joan Smit, Africa Regional Development Manager, said INF is determined to raise the level of netball in Kenya.
"We, as the global body, are excited to see the Kenya team participate in the continental level for the first time in the last ten years. From next year, INF will start training Kenyans technical officials, umpires and coaches and this will elevate the game and perhaps put Kenya in the world ranking,” said Smit.
“Kenya has the potential to be at the par with the rest of the World."
[Dennis Okeyo in Lusaka, Zambia]
- Ochieng' prepares for life after footballFootball 21 hours ago
- City lawyer Donald Kipkorir publishes opinion on why some athletes go from riches to rags on retirementAthletics 21 hours ago
- Hockey: UOE bag maximum points in city tourHockey 1 day ago
- Treasury holds onto Sh8b as Sports suffer: Harambee Stars coach yet to be paid for two monthsFootball 1 day ago
- Athletics: Elite marathoners head to MombasaRugby 21 hours ago
- Athletics: Second Kabarak Half Marathon nets Sh5mAthletics 21 hours ago
- Olunga’s new club Kashiwa Reysol fighting hard to avoid relegationFootball 24 minutes ago