Unai Emery reveals who will start in goal against Chelsea
Following a 2-0 thrashing at the hands of champions Manchester City on the opening day of the 2018-19 Premier League campaign, Arsenal boss Unai Emery has made up his mind on who will start in goal against Chelsea on Saturday.
Petr Cech started in goal for the Gunners last week but failed to impress, leaving fans wondering why new signing Bernd Leno was left on the bench. According to reports, Unai’s orders to Cech were to play out from the back, a tactic that worked to Pep Guardiola’s favour.
After the loss, Emery said he was happy with the 36-year-old’s performance.
"I am very happy with his performance. He has experience, he has quality, he has the capacity. Also, with Bernd Leno,” said Emery.
According to an article seen by Game Yetu on English news outlet the Mirror, Emery will choose Cech again over Leno as the team prepares to face Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on Saturday.
“For Saturday, the decision for me is easy. Petr Cech can continue to start the match, I believe in him,” the Arsenal coach told the media.
The former PSG manager then expressed the belief he has in the team saying they had all that was required to improve.
“I believe in our team, I believe in our players. We can improve and we need to improve playing in the difficult games,” Emery concluded.
- Police target double victories: Defending champions long to narrow 12-point gap with league leaders Butali Sugar WarriorsHockey 1 day ago
- Sofapaka renew rivalry with Ingwe at KasaraniFootball 11 hours ago
- BOXING: Joshua KOs Povetkin in seventh round to retain world heavyweight titlesBoxing 51 minutes ago
- Tottenham coach confirms he could be fired within a weekPremier League 1 day ago
- Kenya Open: Kibet and Okutoyi win Kenya Open titlesTennis 11 hours ago
- Kane scores as Tottenham return to winning ways with 2-1 win over BrightonFootball 13 hours ago
- World Cup star Luka Modric accepts eight-month prison sentencePremier League 22 hours ago