Unai Emery reveals who will start in goal against Chelsea
Following a 2-0 thrashing at the hands of champions Manchester City on the opening day of the 2018-19 Premier League campaign, Arsenal boss Unai Emery has made up his mind on who will start in goal against Chelsea on Saturday.
Petr Cech started in goal for the Gunners last week but failed to impress, leaving fans wondering why new signing Bernd Leno was left on the bench. According to reports, Unai’s orders to Cech were to play out from the back, a tactic that worked to Pep Guardiola’s favour.
After the loss, Emery said he was happy with the 36-year-old’s performance.
"I am very happy with his performance. He has experience, he has quality, he has the capacity. Also, with Bernd Leno,” said Emery.
According to an article seen by Game Yetu on English news outlet the Mirror, Emery will choose Cech again over Leno as the team prepares to face Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on Saturday.
“For Saturday, the decision for me is easy. Petr Cech can continue to start the match, I believe in him,” the Arsenal coach told the media.
The former PSG manager then expressed the belief he has in the team saying they had all that was required to improve.
“I believe in our team, I believe in our players. We can improve and we need to improve playing in the difficult games,” Emery concluded.
- Omar Kasongo: Boxing whizz kid whose dreams were floored by a computerBoxing 1 hour ago
- How Kisumu County failed to take advantage of Ronaldinho visitFootball 1 hour ago
- Someone wins jackpot worth millions and disappears Sports 2 days ago
- Ex-England coach undergoes heart surgery after collapsing on his 61st birthdayFootball 3 days ago
- Kenyans hunt for second victory against SingaporeCricket 8 hours ago
- Mourinho facing touchline ban after shock twist in FA probe Football 1 week ago
- The good and of Golf 2018Golf 2 days ago