Posta beat Kenya Ferry to lead Group B
The Postal Corporation of Kenya (PCK) continued with their good run in the ongoing Kenya Communications Sports Organisation (KECOSO) games in Kakamega County.
Tera Luiz and Jeremiah Wanjala scored a goal each as Posta sunk Kenya Ferry 2-1 in a closely contested match at Bukhungu Stadium on Tuesday.
Collins Mwanzi cancelled out Luiz’s first half opener in the 73rd minute. However, his celebrations were cut short by Wanjala’s winner two minutes later.
The victory saw Posta lead Group B with six points while KFS are jointly at the bottom with CA.
In another match at the same venue, KPA whitewashed KAA 5-0 to go second in Group A with three points, behind leaders Kakamega Homeboyz.
PCK powered to the table tennis finals after beating Kenya Ports Authority (KPA) 3-2 on Tuesday to set up a final date with Communications Authority, who saw off Kenya Airport Authority 3-1.
In volleyball, PCK overcame KAA by straight sets of 25-18, 25-11 and 25-16. Nicholas Kipsigei won most valuable player, while James Mwai, Robar Ngila and Bernard Ogutu named best setter, attacker and libero respectively.
In basketball, Kenya Civil Aviation Authority (KCAA) narrowly beat KPA 65-56 in a thrilling match. KCAA won 12-11, 15-11, in the first two quarters before losing 22-21 in the third quarter. However, they bounced back to claim the last quarter 17-12.
CA saw off KAA 100-64 in a pulsating contest after winning all the four sets; 21-12, 23-17, 22-13 and 34-22 respectively.
KCAA were victorious in darts, thrashing Ministry of Information Communication Technology 19-8 as KFS narrowly beat KAA 35-30 in netball. KPA stunned Posta 37-34 in another mouthwatering netball match.
- KRU Championship: USIU eye top spot as Kitale and Pirates fight relegationRugby 2 weeks ago
- Unai Emery: I want VAR in the Premier LeagueFootball 1 month ago
- FA to pay Wembley tribute to Christchurch attack victimsFootball 1 month ago
- Kenyan junior athletes chalk up victories in AbidjanAthletics 5 days ago
- Real Madrid clinch Sh6 billion deal to sign Brazilian starFootball 1 month ago
- Football great Pele released from hospitalFootball 1 week ago
- Conjestina Achieng hints at boxing returnBoxing 4 weeks ago