Luke Shaw scores first career goal as Manchester United make winning start against Leicester
Paul Pogba inspired Manchester United to a winning start to the new Premier League season.
The Frenchman's emphatic penalty just two minutes into the game, following a Daniel Amartey handball, fired United into the lead before Luke Shaw doubled the advantage late on.
Shaw's strike was his first career competitive goal, catching out Ricardo Pereira before turning the ball into the far corner.
David De Gea produced a stunning save to deny James Maddison in the first-half, but United were generally comfortable throughout the game - albeit not the most entertaining.
Jamie Vardy squeezed the ball home for a consolation in stoppage time, but it proved to be too late.
- Football world in shock after Conte is tipped to take over at Real MadridFootball 5 hours ago
- How FC Barcelona is damaging 'integrity and equality' of Spanish game – Real MadridFootball 10 hours ago
- SHUT IT! Man United players share clips of legends’ mistakesPremier League 11 hours ago
- Rooney shows Man United what they’re missing, scores stunner in DC United winFootball 6 hours ago
- Bolt rejects soccer deal offer from top European clubFootball 1 hour ago
- What really sparked training ground bust-up between Pogba and Mourinho – PerreiraPremier League 8 hours ago
- Njoroge served with warm Tea Fields titleGolf 2 days ago