Luke Shaw scores first career goal as Manchester United make winning start against Leicester
Paul Pogba inspired Manchester United to a winning start to the new Premier League season.
The Frenchman's emphatic penalty just two minutes into the game, following a Daniel Amartey handball, fired United into the lead before Luke Shaw doubled the advantage late on.
Shaw's strike was his first career competitive goal, catching out Ricardo Pereira before turning the ball into the far corner.
David De Gea produced a stunning save to deny James Maddison in the first-half, but United were generally comfortable throughout the game - albeit not the most entertaining.
Jamie Vardy squeezed the ball home for a consolation in stoppage time, but it proved to be too late.
- UCL: Liverpool fans accuse Messi of moving ball forward before free-kickFootball 2 weeks ago
- Tiger Woods’ Masters win summed up in PhotosGolf 1 month ago
- 5 Man United stars that led to Barcelona defeatFootball 1 month ago
- AFCON 2019: Sebastien Migne names 30-man provisional Harambee Stars squadFootball 5 days ago
- Toure and Sterling blast Juventus over Kean abuseFootball 1 month ago
- Usain Bolt sends powerful message to Semenya about new rules regulating their testosterone levelsAthletics 23 hours ago
- Why Aubameyang’s missed chances against Brighton could haunt ArsenalFootball 1 week ago