Chelsea star completes Everton move - more than 23 hours after transfer window closed
Everton have finally completed a deal to sign Chelsea defender Kurt Zouma on loan for the season - more than 23 hours after the transfer window closed.
The Premier League have finally signed off on the Frenchman's move to Goodison Park, making him the Toffees fourth signing in the last 24 hours.
Both Everton and Chelsea submitted deal sheets before Thursday's 5pm deadline.
And although both were made to wait, Zouma has completed a move to join the Merseysiders' for the 2018-19 campaign, for a loan fee of £2million.
Zouma, who has two caps for his country, spent last season on loan at Stoke City, making 34 appearances for the Potters.
However, their relegation ended any hopes they had of turning that deal permanent and Zouma thus returned to Stamford Bridge.
Zouma was not a part of new coach Maurizio Sarri's plans for the coming campaign, and Marco Silva made a late move after Ramiro Funes Mori was sold and Ashley Williams joined Stoke on loan.
Silva explained on Friday: "We sold Funes Mori and sent Ashley Williams out on loan. We have bought Mina and Zouma is coming on loan.
"Everything is the same, even the number of central defenders is the same."
Chelsea have also allowed Michy Batshuayi to head out on loan once more.
The Belgian striker has joined Valencia for the season.
- Anthony Martial given new nickname by Manchester United fansFootball 1 day ago
- Kenya give Ethiopia rude welcomeFootball 1 day ago
- Sterling responds to racial attack at Chelsea, reveals who is to blameFootball 2 days ago
- Man United hero set to make shock move to another Premier League clubFootball 4 days ago
- Manchester United superstar set to make shock move to Real MadridFootball 15 hours ago
- Man United striker Lukaku has finally spoken about his body, reveals his problemFootball 2 days ago
- Kiplagat, Kipruto to highlight Kolkata 25Km raceAthletics 15 hours ago