Chelsea star completes Everton move - more than 23 hours after transfer window closed
Everton have finally completed a deal to sign Chelsea defender Kurt Zouma on loan for the season - more than 23 hours after the transfer window closed.
The Premier League have finally signed off on the Frenchman's move to Goodison Park, making him the Toffees fourth signing in the last 24 hours.
Both Everton and Chelsea submitted deal sheets before Thursday's 5pm deadline.
And although both were made to wait, Zouma has completed a move to join the Merseysiders' for the 2018-19 campaign, for a loan fee of £2million.
Zouma, who has two caps for his country, spent last season on loan at Stoke City, making 34 appearances for the Potters.
However, their relegation ended any hopes they had of turning that deal permanent and Zouma thus returned to Stamford Bridge.
Zouma was not a part of new coach Maurizio Sarri's plans for the coming campaign, and Marco Silva made a late move after Ramiro Funes Mori was sold and Ashley Williams joined Stoke on loan.
Silva explained on Friday: "We sold Funes Mori and sent Ashley Williams out on loan. We have bought Mina and Zouma is coming on loan.
"Everything is the same, even the number of central defenders is the same."
Chelsea have also allowed Michy Batshuayi to head out on loan once more.
The Belgian striker has joined Valencia for the season.
- Arsenal Warm weather training in Dubai (photos)Football 3 weeks ago
- Former Premier League referee confesses his love for one teamFootball 4 days ago
- Football mourns tragic death of Swaleh in ill-fated Ethiopian Airlines planeFootball 1 month ago
- Athletics: Russian anti-doping body challenges ruling on bribe attemptAthletics 3 weeks ago
- 'Baby-faced assassin' Solskjaer grows into Man Utd managerFootball 3 weeks ago
- Man City signs one of biggest commercial contracts in football historyFootball 1 month ago
- Australia rugby star Folau set to be sacked over anti-gay postRugby 1 week ago