Alexis Sanchez slams Manchester United summer transfer business
Alexis Sanchez says he had hoped to see more “world class” players join Manchester United this summer.
Jose Mourinho has landed Brazil midfielder Fred, young Portuguese fullback Diego Dalot and goalkeeper Lee Grant during the transfer window.
But the Portuguese has been frustrated in his push to land a new centre-half, leaving United to scramble on Transfer Deadline Day.
And now Sanchez, who joined the Red Devils in January, has lamented that Mourinho hasn't been able to truly strengthen his lineup.
"I would have liked that they had signed many more world-class players," he told ESPN Brasil.
"But it's the club's decision.”
One player Sanchez is delighted with however is Fred, following his £52million move.
He is in line to make his Premier League debut against Leicester on Friday night and Sanchez says he's been impressed with what he's seen in pre-season from both he and the returning Andreas Pereira.
"The truth is that [Fred] impressed me a lot in his first game," he added. "It's what the team lacked - someone who plays ‘jogo bonito’, as they say in Brazil. And Andreas Pereira too.
"I think they are two players who have quality and they could help me a lot."
- Mourinho sends powerful message to Herrera and Mata about their future at Old Trafford Football 1 day ago
- Why Harambee Stars have not received Sh50 million despite 3-0 win over Ethiopia Football 3 days ago
- Njoroge served with warm Tea Fields titleGolf 1 day ago
- Mourinho charged by FA Football 1 day ago
- Find out why Barcelona are set to distance themselves from Ronaldinho and RivaldoFootball 12 hours ago
- Paul Scholes blasts ‘moaning’ MourinhoPremier League 16 hours ago
- Germany on the brink of UEFA Nations League relegation Football 16 hours ago