Alexis Sanchez slams Manchester United summer transfer business
Alexis Sanchez says he had hoped to see more “world class” players join Manchester United this summer.
Jose Mourinho has landed Brazil midfielder Fred, young Portuguese fullback Diego Dalot and goalkeeper Lee Grant during the transfer window.
But the Portuguese has been frustrated in his push to land a new centre-half, leaving United to scramble on Transfer Deadline Day.
And now Sanchez, who joined the Red Devils in January, has lamented that Mourinho hasn't been able to truly strengthen his lineup.
"I would have liked that they had signed many more world-class players," he told ESPN Brasil.
"But it's the club's decision.”
One player Sanchez is delighted with however is Fred, following his £52million move.
He is in line to make his Premier League debut against Leicester on Friday night and Sanchez says he's been impressed with what he's seen in pre-season from both he and the returning Andreas Pereira.
"The truth is that [Fred] impressed me a lot in his first game," he added. "It's what the team lacked - someone who plays ‘jogo bonito’, as they say in Brazil. And Andreas Pereira too.
"I think they are two players who have quality and they could help me a lot."
- Rugby: Ayange, Chitayi and Lilako return as Kenya depart to WindhoekRugby 1 hour ago
- Kenya Communications Sports Organization games: Posta on fire in KakamegaSports 2 hours ago
- KICOSCA: 47 counties battle it out in sports and cultural events in week-long festivalSports 2 hours ago
- 2018 Brookside Africa Secondary School Games in Rwanda: Kwanthanze and Kaya Tiwi glide into semi-final contestsVolleyball and Handball 2 hours ago
- SportPesa jackpot winner’s identity revealedSports 14 hours ago
- Leftfoot League: SportPesa stun Tradewinds AviationFootball 1 hour ago
- French people unite, dream of winning second World Cup trophyWorld Cup 2018 1 month ago