Man United star facing £180,000 fine for failing to return to pre-season tour
Anthony Martial left Manchester United’s 2018 pre-season tour to be at the birth of his son Swan Martial with partner Da Cruz in Paris.
The Red Devils boss Jose Mourinho expected the French forward to be back in the US after the birth of his child but the 22-year-old is yet to return to the team.
Martial has not trained since he left the camp. This move has angered Mourinho and has led to the former Monaco player facing disciplinary action.
Manchester United are ready to punish Martial with a £180,000 fine when he returns to Old Trafford.
The striker is looking for a move away from Old Trafford this summer and Mourinho is ready to offload him but Ed Woodward is reluctant to sell him before they get his replacement.
After United’s 2-1 win over Real Madrid in their last match of the US tour in Miami, Mourinho was asked if Martial will leave the club but the Portuguese manager avoided the question.
‘Anthony Martial is better for Karen [United's press officer] to answer if she wants to answer.’ Said Mourinho.
When asked whether Martial will be part of his squad next season Mourinho said, ‘I don’t know.’
According to Mirror, Mourinho also revealed that Romelu Lukaku, Marcs Rashford and Phil Jones are all cutting short their post-World Cup holidays by three days to return to pre-season training.
- Sadio Mane left in floods of tears during Africa Cup of Nations qualifier match Football 18 hours ago
- Rugby: Kenya’s World Cup dreams go up in smokeRugby 11 hours ago
- Cricket: Kenyans suffer third defeat after Denmark lossCricket 11 hours ago
- Messi meets with Pogba, here’s why Football 1 day ago
- Pogba’s latest statement leaves Man United fans excited worldwidePremier League 5 days ago
- Equity, KCB battle in final roundSports 4 days ago
- How Raila pumped K'Ogalo's camp in LiverpoolFootball 1 week ago