Man United star facing Â£180,000 fine for failing to return to pre-season tour
Anthony Martial left Manchester United’s 2018 pre-season tour to be at the birth of his son Swan Martial with partner Da Cruz in Paris.
The Red Devils boss Jose Mourinho expected the French forward to be back in the US after the birth of his child but the 22-year-old is yet to return to the team.
Martial has not trained since he left the camp. This move has angered Mourinho and has led to the former Monaco player facing disciplinary action.
Manchester United are ready to punish Martial with a £180,000 fine when he returns to Old Trafford.
The striker is looking for a move away from Old Trafford this summer and Mourinho is ready to offload him but Ed Woodward is reluctant to sell him before they get his replacement.
After United’s 2-1 win over Real Madrid in their last match of the US tour in Miami, Mourinho was asked if Martial will leave the club but the Portuguese manager avoided the question.
‘Anthony Martial is better for Karen [United's press officer] to answer if she wants to answer.’ Said Mourinho.
When asked whether Martial will be part of his squad next season Mourinho said, ‘I don’t know.’
According to Mirror, Mourinho also revealed that Romelu Lukaku, Marcs Rashford and Phil Jones are all cutting short their post-World Cup holidays by three days to return to pre-season training.
- Revealed: What Lampard demanded from Chelsea in contract talksFootball 1 month ago
- AFCON: Madagascar make history, edge DR Congo on penaltiesFootball 1 month ago
- England Rugby League star donates brain to scienceRugby 1 month ago
- Harambee Stars Vs Senegal: We can do it – MigneFootball 1 month ago
- Furious Messi blasts Copa America officials after loss to BrazilFootball 1 month ago
- ‘We don’t fear the Lions’ declare Uganda ahead of clashFootball 1 month ago
- What went wrong with Harambee Stars in Egypt?Football 1 month ago