Courtois sends warning to Chelsea board over Real Madrid transfer
Thibaut Courtois has one year left in his current contract Stamford Bridge and is considering leaving the Blues this summer to join Real Madrid.
Chelsea are, however, reluctant to let the Belgium shot stopper leave this summer and is trying to tie him down to a new contract which he has rejected.
Chelsea recently signed veteran goalkeeper Robert Green and are looking for Courtois’ replacement after missing out on Alisson to Liverpool.
Reports from The Sun indicates that the 26-year-old has asked Chelsea to set him free or else he will leave for free next summer if they hold him against his will.
That means Chelsea will have to look for Courtois’ replacement as soon as possible before the transfer window is closed next week Thursday.
Another player that has got Maurizio Sarri’s side worrying is Eden Hazard who is reported to be also looking for a move away to Real Madrid.
Courtois also confirmed two weeks ago that ‘where he goes, Hazard must follow him’
‘Wherever I go, Hazard must come along. We will not let each other go. We'll see. Now first vacation. And agree with my entourage in between.’ Courtois said.
- Liverpool's Mane undergoes hand surgeryFootball 6 hours ago
- REVEALED: This is how Lionel Messi will leave Barcelona FOR FREEFootball 4 days ago
- KICOSCA: Uasin Gishu out to defend volleyball title Sports 2 months ago
- Former Thika United captain was among passengers who perished in Kericho bus crashFootball 6 days ago
- Kipchoge and Chepkoech crownedAthletics 3 hours ago
- Kenyan Premier League: Agwanda is league’s best player for July Football 1 month ago
- Revealed! Why Mourinho was lying on the ground at Wembley stadiumGossip & Rumours 1 month ago