Courtois sends warning to Chelsea board over Real Madrid transfer
Thibaut Courtois has one year left in his current contract Stamford Bridge and is considering leaving the Blues this summer to join Real Madrid.
Chelsea are, however, reluctant to let the Belgium shot stopper leave this summer and is trying to tie him down to a new contract which he has rejected.
Chelsea recently signed veteran goalkeeper Robert Green and are looking for Courtois’ replacement after missing out on Alisson to Liverpool.
Reports from The Sun indicates that the 26-year-old has asked Chelsea to set him free or else he will leave for free next summer if they hold him against his will.
That means Chelsea will have to look for Courtois’ replacement as soon as possible before the transfer window is closed next week Thursday.
Another player that has got Maurizio Sarri’s side worrying is Eden Hazard who is reported to be also looking for a move away to Real Madrid.
Courtois also confirmed two weeks ago that ‘where he goes, Hazard must follow him’
‘Wherever I go, Hazard must come along. We will not let each other go. We'll see. Now first vacation. And agree with my entourage in between.’ Courtois said.
- SportPesa jackpot winner’s identity revealedSports 10 hours ago
- Athlete Chemtai left in tears after making bizarre mistake in 5000m final Athletics 1 day ago
- WWE legend is deadSports 1 day ago
- Arsenal manager Emery explains why they were beaten 2-0 by Manchester CityPremier League 1 day ago
- Tottenham forced to delay opening of new stadiumPremier League 22 hours ago
- Manchester United star set to pen mega deal and make him one of best paid ever Football 12 hours ago
- Chelsea star: I would have left Chelsea if Conte had remained in charge Premier League 1 day ago