This is where Conor McGregor thinks his fight with Khabib Nurmagomedov will be
Conor McGregor has claimed he is 'very close' to agreeing a return to the Octagon to fight Khabib Nurmagomedov.
McGregor expects the fight to be confirmed for later this year and thinks it will take place in Las Vegas.
The former two-weight world champion hasn't fought in any discipline since losing a boxing match to Floyd Mayweather in August last year.
His last UFC appearance came in November 2016 when he beat Eddie Alvarez by TKO - but the Irishman claims he is on the verge of a comeback.
When asked if he was close to confirming the bout, McGregor told TMZ: "Yes, very close."
He was then probed over whether it would take place this year, adding: "I believe so. I hope so."
McGregor was running through New York when he answered the questions, but admitted the fight would probably take place in Vegas.
"We'll see what happens," he said. "I'd love to fight in the [Madison Square] Garden but I believe this one will be in Las Vegas."
McGregor was spared jail earlier this month after reaching a plea deal over his attack on a bus in April.
He was charged with assault and criminal mischief after he attacked the vehicle carrying fellow fighters in Brooklyn.
McGregor agreed to five days of community service and to take anger management classes after pleading guilty to a charge of disorderly conduct.
He said: "I just want to say I am thankful to the DA and the judge for allowing me to move forward. I want to say to my friends, my family and my fans; thank you for supporting me."
- Football: Lacazette’s ban reduced, free to face RennesFootball 1 month ago
- Nairobi champions put titles on the line Basketball 1 month ago
- ‘Transfer was agreed with Real Madrid star’ – Moyes' shocking revelationFootball 1 month ago
- Brendan Rodgers's Premier League return starts with painful defeatFootball 1 month ago
- Rugby: KRU boss vows to guide Shujaa to gloryRugby 1 month ago
- Enfeebled Gor Mahia eye RS Berkane upsetFootball 2 weeks ago
- UCL: What happened last time four English teams made to quarter-finalsFootball 1 month ago