Mourinho to move midfield star into defence if he fails to sign a center-back
Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho has already made three signings in Fred, Diogo Dalot and goalkeeper Lee Grant so far but still wants to sign two more players.
According to UK Sports Outlet Metro, Jose Mourinho is interested in signing an established, world-class center-back to bolster his defence.
Tottenham’s Toby Alderweireld and Leicester’s Harry Maguire have been linked with a move to Old Trafford and Mourinho would be hoping to complete a deal for either one of them before the transfer window shuts.
However, The Independent understands that the Portuguese manager is considering moving Nemanja Matic to the back if he fails to sign a defender this summer.
Mourinho has seven players who can play at the back but, reports indicates that the former Chelsea boss is not happy with his current options.
The Serbian signed for Manchester United in January from Chelsea and has been instrumental in the midfield but has been deployed at the back occasionally when United have been behind in matches.
- ‘I feel really good’ – Sir Alex Ferguson after emotional returnFootball 9 hours ago
- Police target double victories: Defending champions long to narrow 12-point gap with league leaders Butali Sugar WarriorsHockey 1 day ago
- Alexis Sanchez dubbed 'Manchester United's worst signing in years'Premier League 10 hours ago
- Kenyan female athlete threatens to expose senior athletics federation officialAthletics 8 hours ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Man United and Arsenal fight over German wonderkid dubbed the ‘new Kroos’Football 9 hours ago
- How football clubs can do more to help players battling depressionSports 5 hours ago
- BOXING: Joshua KOs Povetkin in seventh round to retain world heavyweight titlesBoxing 10 hours ago