Mourinho to move midfield star into defence if he fails to sign a center-back
Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho has already made three signings in Fred, Diogo Dalot and goalkeeper Lee Grant so far but still wants to sign two more players.
According to UK Sports Outlet Metro, Jose Mourinho is interested in signing an established, world-class center-back to bolster his defence.
Tottenham’s Toby Alderweireld and Leicester’s Harry Maguire have been linked with a move to Old Trafford and Mourinho would be hoping to complete a deal for either one of them before the transfer window shuts.
However, The Independent understands that the Portuguese manager is considering moving Nemanja Matic to the back if he fails to sign a defender this summer.
Mourinho has seven players who can play at the back but, reports indicates that the former Chelsea boss is not happy with his current options.
The Serbian signed for Manchester United in January from Chelsea and has been instrumental in the midfield but has been deployed at the back occasionally when United have been behind in matches.
- Arsenal to finally get rid of superstar after ‘50 per cent’ breakthroughFootball 1 month ago
- AFCON: Madagascar make history, edge DR Congo on penaltiesFootball 1 month ago
- England Rugby League star donates brain to scienceRugby 1 month ago
- Harambee Stars Vs Senegal: We can do it – MigneFootball 1 month ago
- Furious Messi blasts Copa America officials after loss to BrazilFootball 1 month ago
- ‘We don’t fear the Lions’ declare Uganda ahead of clashFootball 1 month ago
- What went wrong with Harambee Stars in Egypt?Football 1 month ago