Prinsloo Sevens: KCB, Nakuru, Kabras Sugar and Homeboyz qualify for quarter final
Top guns sail into Main Cup
Defending champions Kenya Commercial Bank, Nakuru RFC, Kabras Sugar and Homeboyz won their opening two matches as the Prinsloo Sevens Championships kicked off at the Nakuru Athletic Club yesterday.
They qualified for the knockout stages in the last eight with a match in hand in their respective pools. Despite missing their key players, KCB easily dispatched Nzoia Sugar Webuye 36-0 and later drubbed Nondescripts 31-7 after Nakuru RFC had earlier defeated Nondescripts 29-7 in Pool D.
Nakuru RFC dismissed Nzoia Sugar Webuye 19-5 with a match in hand against KCB. Kabras Sugar were made to fight before squeezing a 12-10 over Mean Machine in Pool A.
Kabras Sugar and Mean Machine won their second matches against Stanbic Mwamba and Strathmore Leos 17-7 and 43-14 respectively to qualify for the knockouts.
Machine scored six tries and three conversions against Leos. [Ben Ahenda]
- Man United goalkeeper De Gea blasts ‘stupid’ criticismFootball 10 hours ago
- Real Madrid’s plans for stunning Sh41 billion stadium revealed [Photos]Football 7 hours ago
- Heartwarming story of Mfang'ano, island of great soccer talentFootball 6 hours ago
- Sang: We won't phase out Kipchoge Keino's nameAthletics 18 hours ago
- Champions League Group A: Atletico shake off domestic woes to clinch comeback win at MonacoFootball 17 hours ago
- Champions League: Late Firmino strike gives Liverpool 3-2 win over PSGFootball 17 hours ago
- Barcelona 4-0 PSV Eindhoven: Messi scores stunning hat-trick in Champions LeagueFootball 10 hours ago