Ruto:Pay players their dues
Deputy President William Ruto has directed Ministry of Sports to ensure Kenya Rugby Union pay players their allowances.
The Ministry of Sports Cabinet Secretary Rashid Echesa said it had given the team Sh21 million and are yet to clear the outstanding balance.
The Deputy President said the team deserved better treatment as they have been good ambassadors who have promoted Kenya in the global arena.
Ruto said: “It is not acceptable that our sports ambassadors are owed money after profiling our country out there.” He said the players should be paid their dues before leaving the country.
Meanwhile Kenya will be without stand-in captain Oscar Ouma and utility back Billy Odhiambo for next week’s Rugby World Cup Sevens in San Francisco.
Ouma, who led Kenya to the finals of the Vancouver and Hong Kong World Sevens series, losing both matches to Fiji, has been ruled out of the 12-man squad due to personal commitments, while Odhiambo is nursing a hand injury.
- Trouble again! Bad news about Sanchez at Manchester UnitedFootball 18 hours ago
- Sadio Mane left in floods of tears during Africa Cup of Nations qualifier match Football 22 hours ago
- Bad news about Chelsea superstar leaving Stamford BridgeFootball 2 hours ago
- Rugby: Kenya’s World Cup dreams go up in smokeRugby 15 hours ago
- Cricket: Kenyans suffer third defeat after Denmark lossCricket 15 hours ago
- Pogba’s latest statement leaves Man United fans excited worldwidePremier League 5 days ago
- Messi meets with Pogba, here’s why Football 1 day ago