Ruto:Pay players their dues
Deputy President William Ruto has directed Ministry of Sports to ensure Kenya Rugby Union pay players their allowances.
The Ministry of Sports Cabinet Secretary Rashid Echesa said it had given the team Sh21 million and are yet to clear the outstanding balance.
The Deputy President said the team deserved better treatment as they have been good ambassadors who have promoted Kenya in the global arena.
Ruto said: “It is not acceptable that our sports ambassadors are owed money after profiling our country out there.” He said the players should be paid their dues before leaving the country.
Meanwhile Kenya will be without stand-in captain Oscar Ouma and utility back Billy Odhiambo for next week’s Rugby World Cup Sevens in San Francisco.
Ouma, who led Kenya to the finals of the Vancouver and Hong Kong World Sevens series, losing both matches to Fiji, has been ruled out of the 12-man squad due to personal commitments, while Odhiambo is nursing a hand injury.
- PHOTOS: Manchester United launch new home kit for 2018/19 seasonFootball 15 hours ago
- Golf-action moves to Karen course as KCB tourney kicks off-sports-golfGolf 1 day ago
- Starlets aim for maiden Cecafa titleFootball 3 hours ago
- Daley Blind leaves Man United for old club AjaxFootball 14 hours ago
- Anderson leads locals at MastersGolf 3 hours ago
- Focus shifts to KCB Karen Masters tourneyGolf 1 day ago
- Career change: Thierry Henry makes shock announcement World Cup 2018 1 day ago