Ruto:Pay players their dues
Deputy President William Ruto has directed Ministry of Sports to ensure Kenya Rugby Union pay players their allowances.
The Ministry of Sports Cabinet Secretary Rashid Echesa said it had given the team Sh21 million and are yet to clear the outstanding balance.
The Deputy President said the team deserved better treatment as they have been good ambassadors who have promoted Kenya in the global arena.
Ruto said: “It is not acceptable that our sports ambassadors are owed money after profiling our country out there.” He said the players should be paid their dues before leaving the country.
Meanwhile Kenya will be without stand-in captain Oscar Ouma and utility back Billy Odhiambo for next week’s Rugby World Cup Sevens in San Francisco.
Ouma, who led Kenya to the finals of the Vancouver and Hong Kong World Sevens series, losing both matches to Fiji, has been ruled out of the 12-man squad due to personal commitments, while Odhiambo is nursing a hand injury.
- Gary Neville warns Paul Pogba, fuels transfer speculationPremier League 1 week ago
- Kenya beat Malawi in a friendly matchFootball 1 week ago
- Swimming: Kioko stars in Coast Novice galaSports 7 hours ago
- Basketball: Zetech dribble closer to playoffs slotBasketball 7 hours ago
- Arsenal injury update ahead of West Ham clashPremier League 1 month ago
- Stars play Malawi Flames today: Bandari’s Shikalo and Sofapaka’s Mutamba in line for starting rolesFootball 1 week ago
- Migne names Stars squad for Ethiopia Afcon qualifierFootball 2 days ago