Mario Balotelli attacks England fans as they crash out World Cup
Mario Balotelli trolled England fans after the Three Lions crashed out of the World Cup following a 2-1 defeat by Croatia in the semi-final.
The former Manchester City and Liverpool forward, whose own nation Italy didn't even qualify for the tournament this summer, posted multiple posts about the fixture to Instagram as the game was being played on Wednesday night.
After Mario Mandzukic's extra time winner he then uploaded an image of a sign reading "it's coming home" and added the word "impossible".
Underneath he wrote: "I'm sorry because I love England, but for those who sent me stupid messages and insults till now you deserve this answer now!"
England kick-started Wednesday's semi-final in brilliant fashion, going ahead in just the fifth minute thanks to a Kieran Trippier free-kick.
But the Three Lions then sat back and attempted to defend their advantage, as Croatia dominated in the middle of the park.
Inter Milan winger Ivan Perisic netted in the second half to equalise, and take the contest to extra time.
Mandzukic then scored the all-important winner for Croatia, sending them to the World Cup final for the first time in their history.
- Gor Mahia eager to dim Lobi Stars at KasaraniFootball 14 hours ago
- Hosts Kakamega Homeboyz beat AFC Leapards at Bkhungu StadiumFootball 14 hours ago
- Unbeaten Selecta are Division One champsFootball 3 weeks ago
- 'Trophies matter', says Mourinho ahead of Man Utd-Liverpool clashFootball 14 hours ago
- Dennis Oliech eyeing big return to footballFootball 2 days ago
- Sir Alex Ferguson 'banned' from Old Trafford for Manchester United matchFootball 2 days ago
- Hockey: Sailors win men’s Super League Hockey 6 days ago