Mario Balotelli attacks England fans as they crash out World Cup
Mario Balotelli trolled England fans after the Three Lions crashed out of the World Cup following a 2-1 defeat by Croatia in the semi-final.
The former Manchester City and Liverpool forward, whose own nation Italy didn't even qualify for the tournament this summer, posted multiple posts about the fixture to Instagram as the game was being played on Wednesday night.
After Mario Mandzukic's extra time winner he then uploaded an image of a sign reading "it's coming home" and added the word "impossible".
Underneath he wrote: "I'm sorry because I love England, but for those who sent me stupid messages and insults till now you deserve this answer now!"
England kick-started Wednesday's semi-final in brilliant fashion, going ahead in just the fifth minute thanks to a Kieran Trippier free-kick.
But the Three Lions then sat back and attempted to defend their advantage, as Croatia dominated in the middle of the park.
Inter Milan winger Ivan Perisic netted in the second half to equalise, and take the contest to extra time.
Mandzukic then scored the all-important winner for Croatia, sending them to the World Cup final for the first time in their history.
- Afcon qualification campaign back on track after Kenya beats Ethiopia 3-0 Football 18 hours ago
- Kenya vs Ethiopia: Moments of tension between police and fans as Nyamweya calls for safetyFootball 20 hours ago
- Kenyans throng Kasarani ahead of Kenya vs Ethiopia showdownFootball 1 day ago
- Kenya 3- 0 Ethiopia: Bravo Harambee Stars, you did the country proud Football 18 hours ago
- How each player rated against Ethiopia yesterdayFootball 2 hours ago
- Hockey: Amira share spoils with JKUAT in City ParkHockey 1 day ago
- Former Sports PS Richard Ekai arrested, Wario ordered to surrender Sports 1 day ago