Mario Balotelli attacks England fans as they crash out World Cup
Mario Balotelli trolled England fans after the Three Lions crashed out of the World Cup following a 2-1 defeat by Croatia in the semi-final.
The former Manchester City and Liverpool forward, whose own nation Italy didn't even qualify for the tournament this summer, posted multiple posts about the fixture to Instagram as the game was being played on Wednesday night.
After Mario Mandzukic's extra time winner he then uploaded an image of a sign reading "it's coming home" and added the word "impossible".
Underneath he wrote: "I'm sorry because I love England, but for those who sent me stupid messages and insults till now you deserve this answer now!"
England kick-started Wednesday's semi-final in brilliant fashion, going ahead in just the fifth minute thanks to a Kieran Trippier free-kick.
But the Three Lions then sat back and attempted to defend their advantage, as Croatia dominated in the middle of the park.
Inter Milan winger Ivan Perisic netted in the second half to equalise, and take the contest to extra time.
Mandzukic then scored the all-important winner for Croatia, sending them to the World Cup final for the first time in their history.
- Why Zarika won Fight Night TwoBoxing 3 weeks ago
- Former Arsenal star ‘loses control again’, battling demonsFootball 1 month ago
- Ronaldo-less Juventus stunned to put Serie A trophy on holdFootball 1 week ago
- Everything has gone against us, says Real Madrid superstarFootball 1 month ago
- How Premier League giants face nightmares if Man City don’t win FA CupPremier League 1 month ago
- England boss Southgate demands action after stars racially abusedFootball 3 weeks ago
- Pigamingi: What next for Kenyans in professional golf tours?Golf 3 weeks ago