Dejan Lovren was the talk of England fans during the World Cup 2018 semi-final
England's World Cup semi-final against Croatia was always going to be on a knife-edge, and it seemed as though one player took that to heart.
After Kieran Trippier's free-kick gave the Three Lions the lead in Moscow , Gareth Southgate's side pressed and pressed for the second goal, only for it not to arrive.
And one of the key reasons for that was the Croatia defender Dejan Lovren, who of course is familiar to England fans from Liverpool.
And it's fair to say that those fans weren't too happy with what Lovren was up to
Walker holds the ball: Gets booked— Footy Accumulators (@FootyAccums) July 11, 2018
Lovren holds the ball: Doesnt get booked pic.twitter.com/mkIFvMkswf
lovren went to the same witch doctor as casemiro and got a card protection talisman i see — A West (@ayyy_west) July 11, 2018
- Athletics: Kinyua appointed Meru Sports Council chiefAthletics 4 hours ago
- Sh1.1m raised for noble cause: Chebii swings to victory as Weru registers maiden course Hole-in-OneGolf 1 day ago
- Motorsport: Weekend Hill Climb competition postponed due to unforeseen reasonsSports 4 hours ago
- Champions League: Late Firmino strike gives Liverpool 3-2 win over PSGFootball 4 hours ago
- Basketball: KPA’s trip to Tanzania in doubtBasketball 4 hours ago
- Two football fields on top of a church building in NairobiFootball 1 day ago
- Arsenal’s Mustafi could be fined for making ‘political gesture’ while celebrating goalPremier League 2 weeks ago