Dejan Lovren was the talk of England fans during the World Cup 2018 semi-final
England's World Cup semi-final against Croatia was always going to be on a knife-edge, and it seemed as though one player took that to heart.
After Kieran Trippier's free-kick gave the Three Lions the lead in Moscow , Gareth Southgate's side pressed and pressed for the second goal, only for it not to arrive.
And one of the key reasons for that was the Croatia defender Dejan Lovren, who of course is familiar to England fans from Liverpool.
And it's fair to say that those fans weren't too happy with what Lovren was up to
Walker holds the ball: Gets booked— Footy Accumulators (@FootyAccums) July 11, 2018
Lovren holds the ball: Doesnt get booked pic.twitter.com/mkIFvMkswf
lovren went to the same witch doctor as casemiro and got a card protection talisman i see — A West (@ayyy_west) July 11, 2018
- “I regret lengthy Arsenal stay,” says WengerFootball 7 hours ago
- Kylian Mbappe donates his World Cup earnings to charityWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago
- Liverpool star who went from rags to riches Football 1 day ago
- Chelsea keeper Courtois: Latest news on the best keeper at the World Cup moving to Real MadridFootball 21 hours ago
- Juventus responds to Zidane’s return rumoursGossip & Rumours 8 hours ago
- Anderson leads locals at MastersGolf 19 hours ago
- Golf-action moves to Karen course as KCB tourney kicks off-sports-golfGolf 1 day ago