Dejan Lovren was the talk of England fans during the World Cup 2018 semi-final
England's World Cup semi-final against Croatia was always going to be on a knife-edge, and it seemed as though one player took that to heart.
After Kieran Trippier's free-kick gave the Three Lions the lead in Moscow , Gareth Southgate's side pressed and pressed for the second goal, only for it not to arrive.
And one of the key reasons for that was the Croatia defender Dejan Lovren, who of course is familiar to England fans from Liverpool.
And it's fair to say that those fans weren't too happy with what Lovren was up to
Walker holds the ball: Gets booked— Footy Accumulators (@FootyAccums) July 11, 2018
Lovren holds the ball: Doesnt get booked pic.twitter.com/mkIFvMkswf
lovren went to the same witch doctor as casemiro and got a card protection talisman i see — A West (@ayyy_west) July 11, 2018
- Mourinho gives sad response when asked if he’ll make more signings this summerFootball 4 hours ago
- IAAF denies attempt to lock out female athletesAthletics 1 day ago
- Paul Pogba set for shock Juventus moveFootball 20 hours ago
- Liverpool devastated as star midfielder set to miss whole season with injurySports 5 hours ago
- Wiyeta out to reclaim Under-16 football titleFootball 14 hours ago
- Ahly cruise to CAF victoryFootball 14 hours ago
- Nigerian league postponed indefinitelyFootball 14 hours ago