Dejan Lovren was the talk of England fans during the World Cup 2018 semi-final
England's World Cup semi-final against Croatia was always going to be on a knife-edge, and it seemed as though one player took that to heart.
After Kieran Trippier's free-kick gave the Three Lions the lead in Moscow , Gareth Southgate's side pressed and pressed for the second goal, only for it not to arrive.
And one of the key reasons for that was the Croatia defender Dejan Lovren, who of course is familiar to England fans from Liverpool.
And it's fair to say that those fans weren't too happy with what Lovren was up to
Walker holds the ball: Gets booked— Footy Accumulators (@FootyAccums) July 11, 2018
Lovren holds the ball: Doesnt get booked pic.twitter.com/mkIFvMkswf
lovren went to the same witch doctor as casemiro and got a card protection talisman i see — A West (@ayyy_west) July 11, 2018
- Alexis Sanchez dubbed 'Manchester United's worst signing in years'Premier League 3 hours ago
- Police target double victories: Defending champions long to narrow 12-point gap with league leaders Butali Sugar WarriorsHockey 1 day ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Man United and Arsenal fight over German wonderkid dubbed the ‘new Kroos’Football 2 hours ago
- BOXING: Joshua KOs Povetkin in seventh round to retain world heavyweight titlesBoxing 3 hours ago
- Why Chelsea will be forced to make tough changes in the Europa LeaguePremier League 32 minutes ago
- Kenyan female athlete threatens to expose senior athletics federation officialAthletics 1 hour ago
- Sofapaka renew rivalry with Ingwe at KasaraniFootball 13 hours ago