Croatia braves English fight to qualify for World Cup final
Croatia reached the World Cup final for the first time after an extra-time goal from Mario Mandzukic gave them a 2-1 win over England in their semi-final on Wednesday.
Ivan Perisic headed the ball into the area, the England defence hesitated and Mandzukic drove his finish past keeper Jordan Pickford with 11 minutes of extra time left to earn them a place in Sunday’s final against France.
England got off to a flying start when Kieran Trippier curled in a free kick after five minutes to put them ahead and they looked more dangerous throughout the first half.
Croatia took control after halftime and hit back when Perisic got in front of his marker to flick in a high cross from Sime Vrsaljko in the 68th minute.
- Olunga’s new club Kashiwa Reysol fighting hard to avoid relegationFootball 17 hours ago
- Real Madrid’s plans for stunning Sh41 billion stadium revealed [Photos]Football 3 hours ago
- Heartwarming story of Mfang'ano, island of great soccer talentFootball 2 hours ago
- Sang: We won't phase out Kipchoge Keino's nameAthletics 14 hours ago
- Champions League Group A: Atletico shake off domestic woes to clinch comeback win at MonacoFootball 13 hours ago
- Champions League: Late Firmino strike gives Liverpool 3-2 win over PSGFootball 13 hours ago
- Barcelona 4-0 PSV Eindhoven: Messi scores stunning hat-trick in Champions LeagueFootball 6 hours ago